Pesos league chat/trade discussion

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

KEVINEHLE

Re: Pesos de beisbol league

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 am

I see the points on both sides.

However, being in these leagues for awhile, the second season supplement draft is generally not very impactful (usually help early in the season). The draft usually consists of picking up a platoon player or someone who had a good April and you are rolling the dice.

At this point, I say we play season two. Perhaps the best way for a team to improve in season two is through trades. Now that 2012 is nearly over, the trades between guys who want to make a Season 2 push and the guys who are looking at the future would be more interesting.

My vote is to not go forward with a 2-player supplemental draft at this point.

Kev

fredpaii

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm currently a player under the roster limit. I made a three for one deal to gain some room for Supp draft players. The other trade I made was dealing my 4th round FA pick for Cory Luebke. I'm not interested in making any one for two player deals at this point (or any other variations at this point). It takes a lot of haggling to make deals. Not all people can be reached and even if they can be they don't necessarily want to trade. It can be a headache.

Anyways, at least one round is necessary for me. If no one else wants to do it then let me pick a player from the pool to put my roster at 40.

thisisdan26

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 12:48 pm

I understand what you're saying about making room for players, but if you haven't traded for a Supp pick then there is technically no obligation to hold the draft. There is no way that I could let only you pick for the draft, because that would essentially be granting you the #1 overall Spring pick. Let's continue the voting..as of now its 2 for no draft and 1 for yes

fredpaii

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 12:56 pm

I can understand you doing this but waiting until now seems like a bad idea. I was counting on the Supp draft to get my roster even. If you had decided this much earlier then okay but doing it now seems not so smart.

And I'm not that enamored with Ninersfan. Ther guy was an absolute dick in the league i was with him in. His ideas don't hold much sway for me.

KEVINEHLE

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I do agree Ninersfan runs a tight ship in his keeper leagues, but I don't think he is a dick at all. These keeper league can take up a lot of a commissioner's time. Ninersfan just asks that everyone follow the rules and follow his formatting in drafts, etc. He is pretty rigid in some cases, but in the end, I do kind of like his style. With that said, he could employ a little more patience at times. Guys like me make errors as I'm usually doing 5 things at a time and lose focus at times. ;)

Kev

STEVEKORTE

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Dan wrote: I believe we are missing Mbertolli and sjkorte as well... I will post for replacements ASAP

I'm still around.

thisisdan26

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanks Steve, please provide an opinion on the Supp draft issue.

Fredii - I would not have planned in skipping the Supp draft had we had functioning boards in July. The reason why I am offering this suggestion now is because it is so late in the year.

STEVEKORTE

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm

I really don't have a strong opinion either way on the supplemental draft, but I guess I'd lean more toward having one than not having one.

Steve

edub1969

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 pm

STEVEKORTE wrote:I really don't have a strong opinion either way on the supplemental draft, but I guess I'd lean more toward having one than not having one.

Steve

I agree with this...understanding the lateness due to the transition, but my take on the supp draft was the chance to pick up a guy or two for players that had been drafted that "stunk it up" in 2012. Hence "supplemental" draft ;) . I would vote for having one. Understanding some managers may not want to pick up anyone don't see it taking more than a day or two tops.

thisisdan26

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 7:53 pm

edub1969 wrote:
STEVEKORTE wrote:I really don't have a strong opinion either way on the supplemental draft, but I guess I'd lean more toward having one than not having one.

Steve

I agree with this...understanding the lateness due to the transition, but my take on the supp draft was the chance to pick up a guy or two for players that had been drafted that "stunk it up" in 2012. Hence "supplemental" draft ;) . I would vote for having one. Understanding some managers may not want to pick up anyone don't see it taking more than a day or two tops.

I understand what you guys are saying, but please do understand that the cream of the crop for the next years cards will be top picks if we hold the Supp draft now, NOT "fill in guys" for the current cards.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat