Pure Relievers

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chasenally

Pure Relievers

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 10:15 pm

What is the point to have to draft 5 pure relievers.

There are so many good starters/relievers why should you have to have 5? I always am scrambling to find the 5th and I have many SP/RP on the keeper rosters.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Palmtana

Re: Pure Relievers

PostSat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 am

Mike, if you're saying why is there a need to have 5 RP-only on your squad when you draft your team, I agree. Because after the team is drafted, for some reason, the team is just required to have 4 RP-only. I never understood that quirk in the rules since it was instituted some years ago.

chasenally

PostSat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

Palmtana wrote:Mike, if you're saying why is there a need to have 5 RP-only on your squad when you draft your team, I agree. Because after the team is drafted, for some reason, the team is just required to have 4 RP-only. I never understood that quirk in the rules since it was instituted some years ago.

That's it. Why do I need to draft a player that I don't need when the season starts. I pretty much only play Keeper and have to draft a RP (only) just so I can fill out a roster so I can drop him when the season starts.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

the ghost of roger maris

PostSun May 19, 2024 7:34 pm

I have included a .50 rp for draft purposes and then dropped them for a s/r before league play begins...
I worry that one year that won't work and I get stuck with a dog of a rp...
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

tcochran

PostWed May 22, 2024 3:42 pm

In a keeper, you could use the entire set as your own custom set and then ask Strat Support to change the requirement to 4 pure RPs. They're happy to adjust the rules for custom sets.

badassba

PostTue May 28, 2024 7:08 am

Palmtana wrote:Mike, if you're saying why is there a need to have 5 RP-only on your squad when you draft your team, I agree. Because after the team is drafted, for some reason, the team is just required to have 4 RP-only. I never understood that quirk in the rules since it was instituted some years ago.

Only thing I can think of is that Strato management think there would be a shortage of high quality SP 'able' pitchers in the original draft where the random order of that draft could overly advantage the teams with highest draft order.

Other than that possible reason, I don't see any reason for the rule.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx