Explain this please

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderator: Palmtana

  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Bunze0

  • Posts: 598
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Explain this please

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 3:33 pm

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/461542/10.
Why when beltre injured they brought in Rollins in Rickey Henderson spot taking Rickey out.
B-Subbed Defensively (3B) For Henderson In 7th Inning
Offline

chris.sied@yahoo.com

  • Posts: 710
  • Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Explain this please

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 4:56 pm

I wish I could give you a real answer that would make sense, but I believe that HAL drinks alot during the games.
Offline

bkeat23

  • Posts: 761
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Explain this please

PostTue Aug 16, 2022 11:29 pm

chris.sied@yahoo.com wrote:I wish I could give you a real answer that would make sense, but I believe that HAL drinks alot during the games.

I respectfully disagree.
I believe HAL is doing tequila shots with vodka chasers hours before the games, and is passed out by the first pitch.
Offline

chris.sied@yahoo.com

  • Posts: 710
  • Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Re: Explain this please

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 8:54 am

bkeat23 wrote:
chris.sied@yahoo.com wrote:I wish I could give you a real answer that would make sense, but I believe that HAL drinks alot during the games.

I respectfully disagree.
I believe HAL is doing tequila shots with vodka chasers hours before the games, and is passed out by the first pitch.


I would agree with this except if HAL is passed out by first pitch, who is making these oddball decisions?

Maybe HAL drinks before the game and passes out, and the bench coach drinks during the game and makes the drunken decisions. All I know is that if I watch the replay, in my mind I can hear the cans and bottles being kicked across the dugout floor every time the manager heads out for a pitching change.
Offline

Palmtana

  • Posts: 4843
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:47 pm
  • Location: SoCal

Re: Explain this please

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 10:36 am

I copied this to the General Strategy forum where someone may be helpful.
Offline

Hamilton17

  • Posts: 672
  • Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Re: Explain this please

PostTue Aug 30, 2022 11:07 pm

Bunze0 wrote:https://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/461542/10.
Why when beltre injured they brought in Rollins in Rickey Henderson spot taking Rickey out.
B-Subbed Defensively (3B) For Henderson In 7th Inning


Dave Howard pinch ran after the injury. HAL gets ... creative ... when he starts on the substitute train.

You have two things:

1) No one eligible to play 3B is in the game
2) Howard was just inserting into the game as a PR

The AI starts "fixing" things from the top down, I think; firstly, Howard is in and is a 2B, so he goes to 2B ... now there is a position vacatant at 3B, so they substitute Rollins for the first available slot in the batting order (Henderson - LF), and move Dihigo (your 2B) to LF to fill the gap.

Now your lineup is compliant.

I swear, sometimes reading these subs after an injury that the bench coach had a heart attack and just randomly pulled names out of a hat.

Return to General Strategy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron