Adding a CAREER CARD to the Mystery Set....

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Runnin Rebel

Adding a CAREER CARD to the Mystery Set....

PostFri Jan 15, 2021 3:18 pm

Now that we have moved to the 21st Century, I will take this opportunity to address the best way(IMHO) to retool the 70's and 80's set and that is by creating a CAREER AVERAGE card for all players....

Not only does this give you a true representation of a player's stats ( disregarding a fluke offensive season or the injury-plagued campaign where they failed to perform up-to-par), it gives Joe Morgan a vard for the 80's and more important, it gives players with abbreviated careers--Lyman Bostock and Doug Ault leap to mind-- a fifth year to qualify for the "Mystery Game".

Runnin Rebel

Re: Adding a CAREER CARD to the Mystery Set....

PostSun Jan 24, 2021 2:05 pm

By the lack of response, I guess not..

coyote303

PostSun Jan 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Actually, I think it's a good idea for players who lack a fifth (or even a fourth and fifth) viable season(s) to be included in a set. I wouldn't want to see such a combined-record-season for everybody; only do this when it's needed. I can see such a season causing confusion among casual players, but that's the only downside I see.

PJ Axelsson

PostSun Jan 24, 2021 5:33 pm

I like it!

Runnin Rebel

PostSat Jan 30, 2021 1:11 am

coyote303 wrote:Actually, I think it's a good idea for players who lack a fifth (or even a fourth and fifth) viable season(s) to be included in a set. I wouldn't want to see such a combined-record-season for everybody; only do this when it's needed. I can see such a season causing confusion among casual players, but that's the only downside I see.

My FIRST thought was to create a card based on career averages to make players with only four years eligible for the Mystery Concept. But why stop there, it would be a great way to shuffle the deck (so to speak) and give new life to the 70's and 80's which are in need of an update.

Macejkovic

PostMon Mar 15, 2021 3:29 am

I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

KrogerFeed

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s