• Author

jodynadu

Re: "THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE

PostSun Dec 20, 2020 12:40 pm

thechamp87 wrote:Quebec Nordiques traded:
- Hunter Dozier (3B,RF,1B) ($4,950,000)
- Sam Hilliard (CF,LF,RF) ($7,660,000)

to Cooperstown Closers in exchange for:
- Whit Merrifield (2B,RF,CF,LF,1B) ($6,130,000)
- Marcus Semien (SS) ($8,950,000)

Confirmed

tcochran

PostWed Dec 23, 2020 3:12 pm

I received some messages of concern about the most recent trade. I then chatted with both managers and reviewed the stats.

What I see is that all 4 players are playing incredibly better for their new teams than their old ones. And the W/L records after the trade are still consistent with those from before.

Both teams appear to have benefited from the trade, at least a little bit, and I do not see any issues.

Terry101

PostWed Dec 23, 2020 3:46 pm

tcochran wrote:I received some messages of concern about the most recent trade. I then chatted with both managers and reviewed the stats.

What I see is that all 4 players are playing incredibly better for their new teams than their old ones. And the W/L records after the trade are still consistent with those from before.

Both teams appear to have benefited from the trade, at least a little bit, and I do not see any issues.

I wasn't one who sent a message- I didn't pay any attention, but now I see

a very good DH and the 12th or so best 3B for
the 2nd best SS in the set and the 5th or 6th best 2B

oldmansmith2

PostWed Dec 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Terry101 wrote:
tcochran wrote:I received some messages of concern about the most recent trade. I then chatted with both managers and reviewed the stats.

I wasn't one who sent a message- I didn't pay any attention, but now I see

a very good DH and the 12th or so best 3B for
the 2nd best SS in the set and the 5th or 6th best 2B

If this was a trade between 2 contenders, and one of them was willing to trade his great middle infield for Hilliard and Dozier cause he thought the extra power would improve his playoff chances, that would be one thing. But for a team with a 65mil payroll to make this trade to an already stacked team and actually lose around 2.5mil in the process, well let's just say it is questionable. And just my opinion, but I don't think how the players or the teams have fared in the first few games should be what determines whether a trade like this is kosher or not. I'm not all pissed off about this or anything, this is a great league, but i just wanted to express my opinion.

paul j kiggins

PostWed Dec 23, 2020 5:32 pm

If i was a play off team i would not be happy with this trade in our final year........2 of the best middle infielders for 2 DH's and lose 2.5 million in the process. A very good deal for 1 team....a bad deal for a team going nowhere and not a good deal in the fairness of baseball.A deal that if there were more years and a draft pick was included...ok but not a deal this manager would make.

fredpaii

PostThu Dec 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Trade Announcement:

fredpaii trades 2B Ildemaro Vargas

to

Joestradamus for 2B Thairo Estrada

to be confirmed...

tcochran

PostFri Jan 01, 2021 4:45 pm

fredpaii wrote:Trade Announcement:

fredpaii trades 2B Ildemaro Vargas

to

Joestradamus for 2B Thairo Estrada

to be confirmed...

Joe, please confirm the trade here in the ILC, so that we have a permanent record of it.

Thanks!

tcochran

PostFri Jan 01, 2021 4:58 pm

Happy new year! I've been receiving a few inquiries about starting up our next league and I've been wondering if we might want to change things up a bit? You know, as in "new year, new theme"? How about the...

ABOUT-FACE LEAGUE

Let's do a 180 and advance to the rear, by starting with the 2019 card set and then working our way back in time to 2007. Same rules as in the current league, other than that. I've never done a reverse retro keeper before and think it might be fun.

What do others think?

baseball cfo

PostFri Jan 01, 2021 5:55 pm

tcochran wrote:Happy new year! I've been receiving a few inquiries about starting up our next league and I've been wondering if we might want to change things up a bit? You know, as in "new year, new theme"? How about the...

ABOUT-FACE LEAGUE

Let's do a 180 and advance to the rear, by starting with the 2019 card set and then working our way back in time to 2007. Same rules as in the current league, other than that. I've never done a reverse retro keeper before and think it might be fun.

What do others think?

Really cool concept. I would definitely do that.

fredpaii

PostFri Jan 01, 2021 6:05 pm

tcochran wrote:Happy new year! I've been receiving a few inquiries about starting up our next league and I've been wondering if we might want to change things up a bit? You know, as in "new year, new theme"? How about the...

ABOUT-FACE LEAGUE

What do others think?

Sounds like a lot of fun.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat