Add option for 0% FA Drop Penalty

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

The Biomechanical Man

Add option for 0% FA Drop Penalty

PostSat Dec 19, 2020 11:48 am

Please consider adding 0% as an option for FA Drop Penalty. Part of the fun of standard fantasy baseball is changing your roster throughout the season. However in the current online Strat, dropping players comes at a cost and many experienced managers therefore build their teams and then just watch the season play out. It would be a lot more exciting with the option to freely change your team throughout the season.

coyote303

Re: Add option for 0% FA Drop Penalty

PostSun Dec 20, 2020 6:11 pm

Be careful what you ask for! Particularly in leagues with deep player pools, this could prove to be a nightmare, a micromanaging fiasco. Facing three right-handed starters? No problem, just load up your lineup with left-handed hitters. But wait; the opposing manager now swaps out his starters for left-handers, only to be countered later by...

It would be like having (and facing) a 300-player roster.

No thanks!

Valen

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 6:38 pm

I could also see a manager swapping out say the 2R Musial and the 2L Musial depending on opponent and ballpark.
Another would be Sandberg 5R card and either the 2L or 4L cards.

But I see your point. I would recommend instead of a % drop penalty simply have a set fee. Say 0.5 per player dropped. This would allow for the absolute minimum drop penalty and would lessen the pain of dropping an expensive player who is performing terribly.

PJ Axelsson

PostTue Jan 12, 2021 12:03 am

It could be added as an option, then let the users figure out the plusses and minuses. If it has flaws, then nobody uses it. But why not add it as an option?

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM