Show Injuries for Cut Players

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

coyote303

Show Injuries for Cut Players

PostWed Dec 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Showing injuries for cut players would be a huge help in mystery leagues.

jcheney2013

Re: Show Injuries for Cut Players

PostWed Dec 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Great idea coyote. I've thought the best place to put it would be at the bottom of the player cards where the transactions are.

paul8210

PostThu Dec 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Why make it so easy for everyone? Why not reward those who like a challenge and are willing to research the injury situation, looking for that nugget of information that might give them an edge over those less inclined? Same thing with HBP. They've dumbed things down by displaying HBP stats for individual batters. It used to be a rewarding challenge to review box scores, searching for HBP results. I once discovered a catcher, late in the season, who had been dropped, to have a HBP, Injury = 0 in one of his earlier games. It never showed up in the injury list because he was only injured for the duration of the game. The manager probably never knew he was ever injured and dropped him for his .176 average. It was his best season. I clicked on every one of his 50 games to review the box scores. I acquired him and things ended well for my team. That's the kind of stuff that makes the game fun. Dumb things down too much instead of making the game a puzzle to be solved, then, nobody will have a managerial advantage of working harder than the next guy.
Last edited by paul8210 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

coyote303

PostThu Dec 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Paul, we are going to have to agree to disagree on this. Maybe I have an advantage by being willing to go through dozens of box scores trying to find an injury for a cut player. However, I don't find this fun; I view it as tedious.

Not only could the information I seek be easily presented with a simple change to the game's coding, more often than not I don't find the elusive injury I seek. Thus, it becomes a complete waste of time.

There's still plenty of puzzle solving to be done in the mystery game. Furthermore, by giving us more information, it makes the puzzle solving more enjoyable rather than a mind-numbing chore. It lets my detective work be an exercise in brain power rather than a marathon of mouse-clicking.

STEVENSTEFFANNI

PostSun May 30, 2021 9:10 am

I too would like to see Injury history for cut players...helps me to see just how bad Hal screwed me when I made changes and he still rolled one injury after another..lol

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM