Q2: Stratomatic computer game

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Illyad2

Q2: Stratomatic computer game

PostFri Oct 02, 2020 12:52 pm

Back in the day of the board game I had multiple seasons and multiple teams. Made a league up of classic Teams (CATS league)that played each other. Teams were from all eras, 1931 Athletics, 1934 Cardinals, 1970 Baltimore Orioles, 1965 Minnesota Twins et al. About a 20 team league of different teams. They played each other. My question is could I do the same with the computer version. I realize I would need to purchase entire seasons, however, would that ensure that the 1970 baltimore orioles could face the 1932 Cubs?
TIA
Mark

Valen

Re: Q2: Stratomatic computer game

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 1:07 am

If you purchase the computer CDrom game and the 1970 season roster and the 1932 roster then you could create a new league and import those two teams in to the league and play them against each other.

Valen

PostWed Oct 21, 2020 12:57 am

Might add it has been years since I purchased the cdrom game. So my answers based on what could be done back then and with assumption they have not taken away these functions. With that disclaimer:

I often created leagues and then imported various cards from an assortment of seasons. If I remember right I imported the teams from the various years I wanted to take players from. Then I released all players from those teams, or at least those I wanted in my newly created league. I could then rename teams as desired or delete the teams. Players who had been released from team did not disappear from the FA pool when their original team was deleted.

Someone with more recent experience might want to chime in and confirm if that is still the way it works.

Radagast Brown

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 11:57 am

I have had the CD-ROM baseball and football games for years with at least a dozen seasons for each.

One thing I will say is it's a lot of fun but the computer game can be tricky to use if you are not good with computers. It can be very frustrating. But if you are a fast learner and okay with dated computer software, than you should be okay. Just prepare to spend sometime reading how to do certain things with the game and the rosters you buy. You can definitely mix players from different seasons and eras. It's a lot of dragging and dropping.

You can even edit stadiums, cards, or players. Play draft or AS PLAYED LEAGUES. Or pit teams from different eras. But it can be very user unfriendly, unless you are good with computers and dated software.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx