Does anyone else use Stats History?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

michaelmagid

Does anyone else use Stats History?

PostWed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Is anyone using the new Stats History feature to rank their players? I’m in a 1970’s league and just noticed this feature. I’ve never played 365 with “classic” cards. I’ve only ever used the recent seasons. Thanks for any input!

Valen

Re: Does anyone else use Stats History?

PostSat Oct 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Not sure I am familiar with this feature. Where is it located? How does it work?

michaelmagid

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 9:52 pm

I’ve asked Strat O Magic for some explanation as to how best use this feature. I am thinking that it’s probably not a reliable way to rank players but it would be interesting to hear what they intended this feature for. You can find it in the Info/Help tab on the Front Office page. Then choose Player Set Browser and use the drop down to find the set of cards you’re using. Then choose Stats History (New!). You’ll see projections there that differ from the aggregate stats used on the main Free Agent pages.

freeman

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 pm

It tells you how players have actually done in the game based on large number of iterations in strat leagues and therefore provides clues as to which players are undervalued or overvalued. You dont have to project...this is what a player has actually done in leagues. Of course, you dont know which parks were used but if a player is outperforming his salary hes probably very good in certain parks. I think it's more useful than which players are popular (which we dont know), because obviously a player's actual value in the game is more important than his popularity.

Say Hey

PostMon Nov 02, 2020 12:58 am

That's a cool feature. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Return to General Strategy