D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Roscodog

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostWed Jul 15, 2020 12:59 pm

The big difference is the keeper issue, especially in a 24 team league. It’s a big if I get that but if even just 5 or 6 top players from ones team opt out of the season that could be crippling to the team the following season. Unlike MLB unless the player happens to be a free agent.

dc irish

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 1:12 am

So thinking ahead... I have Rogers Center (LOL!!!!)

So, for next year, would it be appropriate (and most realistic) for me to end up with wherever the Blue Jays end up playing??? Buffalo???

I would have no objection to this outcome and actually think its a fun part of this screwy upcoming season.

seanreflex

PostWed Jul 22, 2020 10:04 am

dc irish wrote:So thinking ahead... I have Rogers Center (LOL!!!!)

So, for next year, would it be appropriate (and most realistic) for me to end up with wherever the Blue Jays end up playing??? Buffalo???

I would have no objection to this outcome and actually think its a fun part of this screwy upcoming season.

DC, you raise another interesting point ... with the shortened season, and playing in fewer stadiums, ballpark effect will likely play a much bigger role in this season's stats. It's gonna be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Will also be very interesting to see which players get cards for 2020. The AB / IP threshold will be low, no doubt. It will make next year very different, crazy, fun!!

As for the # of "opt out" players, the number of prospects on rosters, etc., I personally defer to the wisdom of our commissioner on these issues. Whatever you decide, commish, is okay by me. I don't envy you!

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 15, 2020 11:31 am

OK, its time to do the supp draft. IF you are going to participate, I need your 3 drops by Friday 8/21. I will make a separate post for the supp draft drops and the draft itself.

fredpaii

PostSat Aug 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Paul, could you please provide a link to the google sheets.

Thanks

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 15, 2020 4:18 pm

just doing a cut and paste. does this work?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... d=95069853

fredpaii

PostSat Aug 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:just doing a cut and paste. does this work?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... d=95069853

Yes. Thank you

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 15, 2020 4:36 pm

To answer a couple questions from before:

1. I have decided to do this: If your player chose to OPT-OUT of the MLB season, then you can retain him at no penalty, you just get to carry an extra guy. This is for guys who are on the OPT-OUT list now, not some guy that opts out after 30 games or some such....I am printing out the list NOW so that is what we will use.

2. Stadium rules will stay the same. You will still have the chance to change stadiums if you are in the bottom 8 or your stadium values change by a total of +/- 15 or by +/- 5 in any one area

3. ALL prospects will have their "year drafted" bumped by 1 year. Thus if you have Joe Blow '19 he will become Joe Blow '20 and if you have Tommy Smith '20 he will become Tommy Smith '21. They will still get 2 years from this new date to be promoted or dropped.

4. Due to #3 above, all owners may carry 14 prospects for next year but then will have a tough call to make in the Spring of 2022 you will have to get back down to 10 again.

*** all this assumes that the 2021 baseball season is back to normal and minor league and major league baseball occur as usual.

Paul_Long71

PostSat Aug 15, 2020 4:46 pm

Here is the list of players that Opted Out of the 2020 season. If you have one of these guys, you can retain him and it doesn't count as one of your 30 roster spots.

Braves: Felix Hernandez
Brewers: Lorenzo Cain, Shelby Miller
Cardinals: Jordan Hicks
D'backs: Mike Leake
Dodgers: David Price
Giants: Buster Posey
Marlins: Isan Diaz
Mets: Yoenis Cespedes, Marcus Stroman
Nationals: Joe Ross, Ryan Zimmerman, Wellington Castillo
Orioles: Kohl Stewart
Pirates: Hector Noesi
Red Sox: Collin McHugh
Rockies: Ian Desmond, Tim Collins
White Sox: Michael Kopech
Free Agents: Tyson Ross, Francisco Liriano

**I know that Markakis opted out but has since opted back in and is playing. Cespedes had 30 at bats and then opted out. He counts as opted out as it occurred before my August 15th announcement. Anybody that opts out now is still considered active. Don't want to run into situations where a guy on a bad team that is out of it chooses to opt out after 40 games or some such. Therefore the list is as of 8/15. I got this from multiple sources online. If you see a guy is missing please let me know asap and I'll research it.

piloneus382

PostTue Aug 18, 2020 11:11 am

Paul_Long71 wrote:Here is the list of players that Opted Out of the 2020 season. If you have one of these guys, you can retain him and it doesn't count as one of your 30 roster spots.

Braves: Felix Hernandez
Brewers: Lorenzo Cain, Shelby Miller
Cardinals: Jordan Hicks
D'backs: Mike Leake
Dodgers: David Price
Giants: Buster Posey
Marlins: Isan Diaz
Mets: Yoenis Cespedes, Marcus Stroman
Nationals: Joe Ross, Ryan Zimmerman, Wellington Castillo
Orioles: Kohl Stewart
Pirates: Hector Noesi
Red Sox: Collin McHugh
Rockies: Ian Desmond, Tim Collins
White Sox: Michael Kopech
Free Agents: Tyson Ross, Francisco Liriano

**I know that Markakis opted out but has since opted back in and is playing. Cespedes had 30 at bats and then opted out. He counts as opted out as it occurred before my August 15th announcement. Anybody that opts out now is still considered active. Don't want to run into situations where a guy on a bad team that is out of it chooses to opt out after 40 games or some such. Therefore the list is as of 8/15. I got this from multiple sources online. If you see a guy is missing please let me know asap and I'll research it.

What happens in the event that Yoenis Cespedes gets a card?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat