New Managers - Look here

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

unctarheel

Re: New Managers - Look here

PostWed Jun 10, 2020 4:39 pm

any general tips for how to prepare for a 24-team league as opposed to a 12-team league?

freeman

PostWed Jun 10, 2020 5:03 pm

If it's 20XX...focus on scarcity--which positions only have a limited number of players you like.

Palmtana

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 11:40 pm

CJStevens

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 5:23 am

Help me out here. I'm looking at the Standings Board for my League and I can't figure out what the RS and RA with -difference means. Can someone help me?

andycummings65

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 9:28 am

CJStevens wrote:Help me out here. I'm looking at the Standings Board for my League and I can't figure out what the RS and RA with -difference means. Can someone help me?

Runs Scored, Runs Against, Difference

freeman

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 9:29 am

Runs scored by your team and runs allowed by your team.

ertooso

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 1:17 pm

Good afternoon. I need an ethics assignment help.
Write an answer to 2 questions, 350 words for both questions.
The first question is: Does the Australian engineer code of ethics meet the basic requirements of professional ethics? Yes or no and Explain.
Second: find the code of ethics of any large international organization of engineers, explain to whom it belongs, and what is similar/different in comparison with the organization in 1 question.
There is a maximum of 5 hours to complete. Any ideas?
Last edited by ertooso on Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjii66

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 2:04 pm

There's no clutch rating as such-- you have to look at his hitting columns. If he has a $ next to an out, that's good clutch... The out will turn into a hit under clutch conditions. If he has a $ next to a hit, that's bad clutch... The hit will turn into an out.

coyote303

PostSat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Adding to what jjii66 posted...

If you want the clutch quantified, count the number of chances where each $ is:

7 = 6 chances
6,8 = 5
5,9 = 4
4,10 = 3
3,11 = 2
2,12 = 1

Add up the chances to get his numeric rating, whether good or bad.

So a hitter with a single $ next to a SINGLE** on an eight would have a -5 clutch rating. However, knowing the specific number isn't all that useful. A quick glance will tell you if a player has "good" clutch or "bad" clutch and about how good or bad.

Clutch comes into effect when there are two outs and second and/or third base are occupied. Whether there is someone on first base is immaterial.

honestiago

PostSun Nov 29, 2020 10:35 pm

I wouldn’t put too much stock in clutch rating. Its effect over a full season is negligible. As for the rest, speaking as someone who doesn’t make bomber teams and tends to draft in a balanced matter most of the time, here’s what I can add:

-your record in 1-run games is often the arbiter of your season success. Make sure you have some way to shut the game down in the later innings, either through strong RP (various strategies there), or SP’s who can get you consistently into the late game ahead,
-strong OF arms, especially in CF, are run reducers.
-contrary to prevailing winds, you can be successful in a balanced park, though I’d recommend platooning heavily and/or having several switch hitters.
-scout your division’s BP choices and their lineups prior to game 1. If you spot trends, adjust during free agency. For example, I had one team have a super successful year because I made changes based on seeing most of my league’s teams skewed lefty. So, I hit them with lefty starters and reverse righties to offset any R-bashing switch hitting. And since they also had predominantly lefty SP’s I made sure I had some lefty bashers in the lineup, as well.

And finally,

Don’t jump on the bandwagon when it comes to play styles. It’s your money. Play the kind of team you want to play. It’s a game based on random dice rolls, after all, not a testament to real life managerial acumen. The only guarantees are (1) nothing is guaranteed and (2) some people just can’t adjust to that fact, so they bitch about their random results. As if like Isn’t already short enough without complaints and conspiracy theories to muck it up. Have some fun. Everything else is gravy.
PreviousNext

Return to General Strategy