Dual Franchise League Season 30

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Denorien

Re: Dual Franchise League Season 30

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 11:26 am

piloneus382 wrote:As long as neither player involved in this type of transaction has a 3rd team of eligibility.

How does the 3rd team of eligibility affect it?

Are you saying that the salary owning team can't pick which of the other eligible teams can / cannot have the player they aren't using?

MEAT

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 11:31 am

pacoboy wrote:Where's MEAT ? :)

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:52 pm
1) Meat - Cardinals
2) HarmonK - Yankees
3) Piloneus382 - Giants
4) Toine------Dodgers
5) pacoboy - Reds
6) Falcon - Braves
7) PDixon -Indians
8) DEDball - Cubs
9) Mike282 - Expos
10) BDWard - Red Sox
11) Treyomo - Phillies
12) Denorian - Detroit

12) Denorien - Seattle
11) Treyomo - Mets
10) BDWard - Athletics
9) Mike282 - Brewers
8) DEDball - White Sox
7) PDixon - Blue Jays
6) Falcon - Marlins/D-Rays (1st time choosing them)
5) Pacoboy - Angels
4) Toine--Orioles
3) Piloneus - Rockies
2) HARMONK - Padres/Dbacks
1) Meat - RToyals

--------------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
Astros----------------
----------------Rangers/Senators (1962 and after)
----------------Twins/Senators (1961 and before)
Pirates----------------

MEAT

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 11:33 am

Sorry, 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other. Hoping royals bring me same success some others have had. Brett available

Toine

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 11:37 am

Okay league has been created;

Name -Dual Franchise League 30

Cap- 140 million

Using DH, no waivers, 5% drop, teams will be assigned randomly, first game 3 days after autodraft

Password Covid19

Let's fill it up !

piloneus382

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 11:59 am

Denorien wrote:
piloneus382 wrote:As long as neither player involved in this type of transaction has a 3rd team of eligibility.

How does the 3rd team of eligibility affect it?

Are you saying that the salary owning team can't pick which of the other eligible teams can / cannot have the player they aren't using?

It would be unfair to choose one owner over another without it being considered a trade.

BDWard

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm

Piloneus raises an interesting question. In the past it hasn't mattered how many teams had secondary rights to a player, it was always the first team with secondary rights to the player to grab him once the player became eligible and there has never been a problem with that. For example, in DFL 29 the Expos/White Sox announced prior to the season that they would not be using Mike Marshall, to whom they had the highest priced card, and that any eligible team should feel free to use him. Three other teams, Texas, the Dodgers and Twins, had secondary rights to Marshall. Having the Twins, I grabbed him first and later traded him to the Dodgers (all perfectly legal, since I was the new owner of Marshall) and there were no complaints. Note that if I had dropped Marshall, the Dodgers and Rangers, and presumably even the Expos if they changed their mind about using him, would have been able to claim him.

So the question is, for example, if the Expos this league decide not to use Marshall and the already pitching rich Dodgers are in the same division, can the Expos prior to the start of the season prevent the Dodgers from claiming him by only giving permission to the Rangers and Twins to use him (assuming that the Rangers and Twins are in the league)? Of course, if no permission is given to any team, once the first series is completed, any eligible team could claim him.

Another question involves secondary rights to a traded player. If I recall correctly, last league the commish said that once a team trades a player, it cannot reclaim him if that player is later dropped, and that makes sense, since the team traded away its rights to the player. So, for example, if the Dodgers last league dropped Marshall, the Twins would have been ineligible to reclaim him, since they traded his rights (Perhaps it would have been smarter for me to merely drop him and let the Dodgers claim him. That way I could have retained his rights if the Dodgers dropped him.). But what about the rights of the Expos and Rangers if the Dodgers dropped him? Did the trade to Dodgers extinguish their secondary rights? The practice in the past has always been that trades did not extinguish secondary rights of other teams not involved in the trade, meaning in this example the Expos and Rangers could have claimed Marshall if the Dodgers dropped him, but again, that issue has never been addressed.

This is one of the benefits of new blood in a league. Questions get asked about rules and unwritten assumptions that were never considered.

How about it Mr. Commish. What say you?

DEDball

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 1:02 pm

My only confusion was did I have to be using the highest salary
available to the player to validate the agreement.
That was financially impossible with an Arietta class salary.
I do lose Chris Sale and Albert Belle, but worried for
nothing with Arietta and Sutter; only their Cub years were on the card.
Kind of disappointed Moises Alou wasn't included instead of say, Henry
Cotto...I remember the name, but...Alou has a great card...got hurt a lot, but
dominating when healthy...Guess ya can't have them all...but Cotto?

As far as the stadium? how could I play anywhere but Wrigley?!?

pacoboy

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 1:06 pm

YES ! I get Carew. My gamble paid off

Treyomo

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm

So that answers my questions as to whether Carew might be available... :lol:

MEAT

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 1:38 pm

wish I could have read your mind, twins were the other team in the magic predicting 8-ball.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat