LARL StratOMatic League Chat Forum

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Nowlin_Ryans

LARL StratOMatic League Chat Forum

PostSat May 16, 2020 3:57 pm

This is the Lansing Area Rotisserie League StratOMatic League chat and forum. ;)

Nowlin_Ryans

Next Season Will Be ATG 9

PostSat May 16, 2020 4:27 pm

LARLers, with 8 votes, the ATG 9 player set is the overwhelming choice for the player set format for our next StratOMatic season.

I awarded one point for each choice that you gave in your responses to the survey I sent out last Monday. The vote breakdown was as follows:
    ATG 9 - 8 votes
    '70s - 3
    Single-season pre-2000 - 2
    Single-season post-2000 - 2
    ATG 8 - 2
    '80s - 1

You might as well begin to get familiar with the players in ATG 9: https://365.strat-o-matic.com/playerset/browse/291. Note that you can download the set as a spreadsheet. Note also that many players in ATG 8 (including some favorites!) have different salaries in 9, and that there are many new players, most from 2000 to now. The spreadsheet indicates the new players in ATG 9.

There was also majority support for a keeper's league format, whereby each team would be allowed to retain next season a certain number of players that were on their roster at the end of this season. Details on the keepers format will follow, but do not expect the number of keepers to be the same as in LARL Roto League. (I'm still trying to figure out how to accommodate keepers within the SOM game structure.)

The majority of you also indicated that you would be open to expanding the prize pool and issuing prize payouts to more than just the overall champion, as we are doing this season. However, some of you indicated you would not like to see a prize pool as big as LARL Roto.

We will issue payouts in the next season as follows: World Champion (60%), Runner-Up (20%), and the 2 other post-season teams (10% each). Each team's contribution to the prize pool to be announced, but please anticipate that it will be more than the $20 most teams laid out for this season.

Leopards

Re: LARL StratOMatic League Chat Forum

PostSat May 16, 2020 6:08 pm

:D

GRapGrowlers

PostSun May 17, 2020 12:44 am

1-0 17 innings W Bob Gibson throwing 12 shutout innings and Kershaw in relief winning. Big game.

MichiganAndTrumbull

PostSun May 17, 2020 12:56 pm

When I first saw the score I initially thought Kershaw had thrown a 17 inning complete game. Probably woulda if he coulda.

GRapGrowlers

PostSun May 17, 2020 4:16 pm

So ATG 9 has increased the salaries of about 75% of my players....and doubled my reliever salaries...

Dislike.

MichiganAndTrumbull

PostSun May 17, 2020 4:42 pm

SoM is trying to eliminate the “super-reliever” phenomenon. I understand they have created new bullpen roles and have limited relievers to two roles per player, while also bumping salaries on some pitchers they have identified as being especially valuable.

They have also applied this player valuation to undervalued guys in ATG 8 like Torii Hunter and Hank Aaron, and “super-platoon” guys like Gates Brown in an effort to prevent managers from gaming the system. But, as ever, if there’s a will there’s a way. Gimmamabump!

cryan

PostSun May 17, 2020 7:58 pm

GRapGrowlers wrote:1-0 17 innings W Bob Gibson throwing 12 shutout innings and Kershaw in relief winning. Big game.

Nuts!

Nowlin_Ryans

PostSun May 17, 2020 10:18 pm

GRapGrowlers wrote:So ATG 9 has increased the salaries of about 75% of my players....and doubled my reliever salaries...

...But has discounted many, many others!

For example, NL MVP 2007 Jimmy Rollins batted sickly but fielded slickly this year for both Law and Order and the X-Rays at $7.43M. In ATG 9, he's a bargain at $6.82!

'67 Yastrzemski, '99 McGwire, '69 Bench, '11 Marquard, '69 McLain -- all cheaper than 8!

Nowlin_Ryans

Ownership For Season II

PostMon May 18, 2020 1:59 pm

I did not hear a response to my survey about next season from Marc or Bernie, and from the looks of things, neither is actively managing his current team. As follow-up, I reached out to Bernie via text last Friday asking if he was interested in playing again and got no reply. I've also had recent contact with Marc.

Consequently I am officially declaring two franchises as available for Season II.

When we were preparing for this season, I promised Nick of The Rookie that he would get the chance to play next season, provided he wants to and his efforts on behalf of Americans' public health and safety allow him to. He (and maybe Bob) might take one franchise.

Additionally, Evan has said he might know someone in Chicagoland who would be interested in taking another.

However, in the event one or neither option pans out, please consider your own baseball-starved network for potential recruits!

Thank you.
Next

Return to Individual League Chat