90's Opening Day, 60's Playoffs coming

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

Juiced JC

90's Opening Day, 60's Playoffs coming

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Well it's here - 90's opening day! That means 12 points are up for grabs tonight, and every night, until the 60's regular season ends on Friday.

Quick reminder about how the playoff bonus points work for the playoffs. The 4 teams that make the playoffs in each of the 12 leagues each get 5 bonus points in the tournament standings (so essentially, the equivalent of 5 extra wins). The two teams that advance to the finals in their respective leagues get an additional 5 point bonus. The teams that win the championship in their 60's league get another 5 point bonus - so a total of 15 bonus points for those teams! So let's say you finish the season with 95 wins and make the playoffs. If you end up winning your league championship you end up with 110 points for the 60's round. A couple of other notes - those bonus points, even for the semi-final losers, often don't show up in the standings until the finals are over. So be patient if they don't show up right away. Also, don't forget the finals winners and losers still get bonus credits added to their account just as they do in all leagues.

I think that's it for now - let me know if you have any questions. In these uncertain times, at least we have strat and this tournament to entertain us and distract us from stressful days. Stay safe my friends.

Juiced JC

Juiced JC

Re: 90's Opening Day, 60's Playoffs coming

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 11:48 am

In case this is more clear, here is how the points are explained on the tournament rules page:

Point System
- 1 point for each regular season win
- 5 points for winning a regular season division title
- 5 points for winning the wild card position
- 5 additional points for making the finals
- 5 additional points for winning a league championship

Juiced JC

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 8:47 am

FYI, I was wrong about the playoff bonus points not showing up right away. The 5 bonus points are already showing up in the totals of those teams that made the playoffs in their 60's league.

Juiced JC

PostSun Apr 05, 2020 5:17 pm

OK, so when I gave you all bad information that the "making the playoffs" bonus doesn't show up right away, I was thinking of this - it's the "making the finals" bonus that doesn't show up right away. So, for all of you who made the 60's finals, you still only have 5 bonus points. When the series is over the extra 10 points will appear for the winner of the finals, and the extra 5 points will appear for the loser.

Return to --- Mystery Tournament