Support for keeper leagues - building a directory

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Support for keeper leagues - 1 small step for man(agers)

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Wow. My mouth is hanging. I'm very thankful for people that have contributed here and elsewhere regarding the betterment of Keeper League play. You guys really are amazing. Thank you especially to Terry C. for starting the thread. Terry, your commitment level to this game boggles my mind - thank you for that!

Many Thank you's,

Fred

tcochran

PostMon Dec 09, 2019 8:10 pm

fredpaii wrote:Wow. My mouth is hanging. I'm very thankful for people that have contributed here and elsewhere regarding the betterment of Keeper League play. You guys really are amazing. Thank you especially to Terry C. for starting the thread. Terry, your commitment level to this game boggles my mind - thank you for that!

Many Thank you's,

Fred

Thanks, Fred, but this is just one step along the path. I'm guessing this might take a while...

tcochran

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks to those who have posted the initial entries in the keeper league directory at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

To other keeper league commish: Please send me the email address that you'd like to use to add your info and I will share the Google doc with you for editing.

blsmith7

PostSat Dec 14, 2019 4:01 pm

TC - many thanks for spearheading this and taking on a monumental task. I haven't contributed to the discussion to this point, but have been following on intently. I am currently in 8 Keeper leagues, have commished a couple (though none currently), and love all of this. The only item that I would add and would love to see is an historical record of statistics for the league, i.e. - career stats in the league. Keep up the yeoman's efforts!

Brian

tcochran wrote:Thanks to all who are participating in this discussion. Steve has done a great job of highlighting key elements and I'm wondering if we should expand that with features desired?

For example...

1. ROSTERS
a. Variable cap for roster size, to be set by league
b. Managers set players as active vs. inactive, as in the Windows version
c. No penalty for movement between active and inactive
d. Optional player adds/drops during season, as in non-keepers, to be set by league
e. Rosters are perpetual, carried forward from card set to card set
f. Enhanced commissioner privileges, include making roster changes for all teams
g. Teams are allowed to keep uncarded players on rosters from year to year -- could be as simple as manual entries, managed by league
h. Provide the ability to export rosters off of website

2. PLAYER MOVEMENT
a. Trades are posted and automatically reflected on the 2 teams, as at present
b. Trades can also include future draft picks, with limits to be set by league
c. Logs are maintained of future draft picks traded -- as above, could be manual entries, as needed
d. Between seasons, managers post drops on the new platform resulting in deletions from teams

3. DRAFTS OF CARDED PLAYERS
a. Leagues can choose to have free agent and supplemental drafts, with number of rounds set by league
b. Automatic lists of available players are updated from season to season
c. Draft platform engine would need to successfully reconcile players on rosters against available player pool
d. Draft sequence to be set by league, with traded picks updated manually, if needed
e. Extended draft functionality to modify draft order, after draft order had been entered
f. Would include removal of picks and addition of supplemental picks
g. In progress draft commissioner privileges include both rolling back picks and individual pick changes
h. Draft picks are placed on the manager's team automatically
i. Timed drafts with proxies are allowed, as at StratDraft

4. DRAFTS OF UNCARDED PLAYERS
a. Leagues can choose to have prospect drafts, with number of rounds set by league
b. More broadly stated, leagues can choose to allow uncarded picks in any of the drafts
c. There is either a prospect database or prospects can be entered manually, as at StratDraft

5. LEAGUE SETUP
a. There would be an enhanced setup page for keeper leagues
b. Each of the options or caps noted above would be set when preparing a league for its next season
c. For ongoing leagues, the previous selections would be shown by default, with edit capability provided for updates

Ninersphan

Re: Support for keeper leagues - building a directory

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 4:08 pm

added my three leagues to the google doc

tcochran

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Thanks, we probably have about half of the leagues in the directory so far

fredpaii

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 7:34 pm

tcochran wrote:Thanks, we probably have about half of the leagues in the directory so far

Yeah, there's still quite a few missing. Edub1969 has six leagues I believe ( I don't know how he does it). Paul Long has at least one ("D2D" a 24-teamer). Roscodog has at least one ("Finders/Keepers"). Ghost has one more at least (Keep A Dozen). And I don't know who the Commissioner is but another 24-teamer ("The Original TKL-24) is another not listed yet. Maybe when it's baseball season.

hveed

PostMon Dec 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Added MLKL data to the doc.

edub1969

PostTue Dec 24, 2019 7:26 am

Hi Terry

I need your ok to access the spreadsheet and be able to add the keepers. Sent request yesterday or at least it said it sent you a request

Thanks

tcochran

PostTue Dec 24, 2019 9:55 am

edub1969 wrote:Hi Terry

I need your ok to access the spreadsheet and be able to add the keepers. Sent request yesterday or at least it said it sent you a request

Thanks

Hmmm, did not receive. Can you send your email by PM?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat