ASK for Diamonddope on Survey

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

ASK for Diamonddope on Survey

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 am

When you take Strat's survey, ask if Strat can't take over (probably revamp) Diamonddope. Strat could provide a similar service across ALL of its platforms, and access could be a small monthly amount ($3.95). Adrian did a great job with DD, but he is no longer active in Strat, and DD is a VERY old site. Ask Strat to come up with something similar!

jfreeman

Re: ASK for Diamonddope on Survey

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 9:58 am

Sharing my recommendations with group in the hopes that others will add their ideas and people can support other great ideas that perhaps they didn't think of while filling out survey. Here's what I suggested:
1. Allow per-game lineup changes so I can match catchers with pitchers
2. Create greater realism on pitcher cards so that ground ball pitchers reflect more gb(x) rolls and fly ball pitchers have more fb(x) results.
3. Allow super relievers/injury results as part of league set up in the same way we select salary cap, DH/non-DH. Would make for greater dynamics amongst different leagues
4. Support Diamond Dope or some equivalent that shows full database of players, usage and parks. Give managers a chance to be their own Billy Beane.

ploughboy1526

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 am

Home and away lineup settings would be great . . . among other things of course. More control of HAL generally.

ploughboy1526

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 10:53 am

ploughboy1526 wrote:Home and away lineup settings would be great . . . among other things of course. More control of HAL generally.

Alright, we can do that now with a daily adjustment for each evening's games. But I'm lazy.

egvrich

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 11:31 am

They are NOT going to do anything that involves changing the cards. So the GB or FB pitcher idea whilst very sensible and realistic won't happen retroactively.

Love some of the other ideas.

Hey, at least they're asking for our input, now it remains to be seen if they will take it.

bkeat23

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 12:25 pm

I'd like a team setting for stealing each individual base. Aggressive for second and hell no for home, as an example.

egvrich

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 pm

bkeat23 wrote:I'd like a team setting for stealing each individual base. Aggressive for second and hell no for home, as an example.

Amen to that one brother. I hope you suggested that.

Outta Leftfield

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 7:23 pm

I suggested to SOM that super-relievers could be controlled to a significant degree by simply capping all reliever endurance ratings at R3.
That would seem to me more natural and reasonable than the "extra-injuries" plan that's being proposed.

egvrich

PostSat Nov 09, 2019 8:17 am

Outta Leftfield wrote:I suggested to SOM that super-relievers could be controlled to a significant degree by simply capping all reliever endurance ratings at R3.
That would seem to me more natural and reasonable than the "extra-injuries" plan that's being proposed.

Bruce Sutter and Tim Burke seem to have no problem putting up 250+ innings and they're R3's. It might help, but sadly it wouldn't solve anything.

andycummings65

PostSat Nov 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Is super reliever an issue in the 20xx games, or is it mainly a “problem” in ATG? If it’s not a problem in 20xx, how could ATG be changed to better replicate what happens in 20xx?

I am always wary of making changes because of unintended consequences. HITTING already RULES in ATG. Super Reliever May be a check against that. We don’t like a reliever pitching 250 innings, but we’re cool with Bonds hitting 100 HR?

BTW, I use Sutter & Burke a lot, but I very seldom get more than 180 innings out of them. I don’t think that’s that much out of line.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats