New Alternate Lineups

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

milleram

New Alternate Lineups

PostTue Oct 29, 2019 4:28 pm

THANK YOU STRAT--for the New Alternate lineups :D --hope it works well, guess I will have to start a new team to see. I've been wanting this feature since I joined on-line--I think this will make a big Strategy change.

je8675309

Re: New Alternate Lineups

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 10:44 am

Not sure what is improving but they should balance this by having a tool for pitchers.

Will extreme sided SPs lose a bit of value now?

FrankieT

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 11:01 am

je8675309 wrote:Not sure what is improving but they should balance this by having a tool for pitchers.

Is a valid question. Where yet another lineup enhancement came from in terms of community feedback is unknown.

Maybe this was motivated by a large outpouring of feedback from the community that there isn't enough offense in the online game.
:roll:

Ninersphan

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 pm

tersignf wrote:
je8675309 wrote:Not sure what is improving but they should balance this by having a tool for pitchers.

Is a valid question. Where yet another lineup enhancement came from in terms of community feedback is unknown.

Maybe this was motivated by a large outpouring of feedback from the community that there isn't enough offense in the online game.
:roll:

Its a feature that has been asked for since the reverse lineups were launched. Many of us don't even use the reverse lineups because of the lack of control as to when they are used.

A very welcome addition

FrankieT

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 12:10 am

Only been playing since 2003, but didn't knew it was in such demand.

visick

PostSat Nov 02, 2019 12:18 pm

Only been playing since 2003, but didn't knew it was in such demand.

Exactly

freeman

PostSat Nov 02, 2019 1:39 pm

So...if there is a 9R pitching I am going to start my 50 cent left-handed back-up...over my five million right-handed batter? Or maybe I should get 28 players so I have enough flexibility? Or maybe instead of having cheap back-ups I'll have a bunch of 2-3 million players I can alternate? I am just not sure any of those strategies make for a better team...

visick

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 12:59 pm

Judging by 2 + responses...

Again Strat swings and misses.

Maybe they should listen to what's actually asked.

This "new feature" is NOT a freakin' priority.

MarlinGene

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 6:58 pm

About four years ago, I sent a similar post to this one...sorry for the re-run, if you saw it.

The variety of lineup options continues to grow. I would like to see a button that makes a lineup "inactive" or "active".

Even with the relatively new "Clear Lineup" and "Copy Another Lineup" buttons, you essentially have to take care to COMPLETELY clear a lineup if you do not want to use it...but even worse, you have to RECONSTRUCT it, is you want to use it later.

The first two lineups, "vs. L" and "vs R" should always be ACTIVE, but these awesome innovative lineups need to be "put to sleep" at times, without having to reconstruct the whole thing, including backups (and the very cool Platoon PHs). A simple "Active/Inactive" binary toggle would do it.

Then again, if this is added, then I would just move on to ask "Why can't we set up our lineups game by game, rather than indexing by pitcher handedness or slant?"

Play on and Trade on,

Gene!

milleram

PostMon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 pm

I think this gives much more control over "per game" lineups--most often the 3 pitchers listed on your Front Office page are all different in which way they lean.

It takes logging in each day to take full advantage--but you can set the alternates for instance "5L to 5L" if you want to target one specific starter, otherwise the main lineups will be used.

It even makes teams easier to set on cruise control if you want to.

The big thing to me--is a manager throwing in one reverse RH SP that is 1L and another that is 4L in same series--I want my normal RH lineup against that 1L reverse RH usually--It wasn't possible to get both games lineups right before.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx