Is Strat-o-Matic ATG over?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

lanier64

Re: Is Strat-o-Matic ATG over?

PostSun Oct 27, 2019 1:40 pm

I joined in ATG III and man was I green. But as soon as I asked a question on the boards it was helpfully answered by several people immediately. I particularly remember agabriel. Adrian helped me a lot in the beginning as well as countless others. I miss leagues filling really fast and the vibrant community we used to have.
As a matter of fact it is 10:41 PDT and I'm the ONLY person on the ATG board. That would never happened back in the day. There were always a few people on the boards at any hour of the day.

egvrich

PostSun Oct 27, 2019 6:58 pm

danielz wrote:
egvrich wrote:80 Mill
DH or NO
Waivers or Frenzy

It was how the game began and under which it flourished.

Actually, in the beginning there was no waivers.
Every league was a frenzy and the draft would occur sometime after midnight.

Ha ha, you're right, I actually hated that because I liked to get my beauty rest.

joeoc

PostMon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 pm

danielz wrote:
DH or NO
Waivers or Frenzy

Frenzy was usually 3 0r 4 in the morning Central time and many times all the managers we there to snatch up the few good players that remained out of the small player pool.

STEVE F

PostMon Oct 28, 2019 9:26 pm

joeoc wrote:
danielz wrote:
DH or NO
Waivers or Frenzy

Frenzy was usually 3 0r 4 in the morning Central time and many times all the managers we there to snatch up the few good players that remained out of the small player pool.

Well I'm glad they changed that. I have a hard enough time getting proper sleep as it is!

ScumbyJr

PostMon Oct 28, 2019 10:17 pm

There are a lot of private leagues. Great guys and excellent competition.

RiggoDrill

PostTue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 am

Those late night frenzies back in the day were awesome. I lived in Chicago then. I can remember, pinging the browser refresh waiting for the league to draft and when it did - WHAT A RUSH!!!! :mrgreen:

...if you were the first guy there and found Yount or Mays waiting for you, you knew you were going to have a dominant season! 8-) Good times

Chompsky

PostTue Oct 29, 2019 10:37 am

Every game has its ups and downs, this one included.

It's still a blast for me, when I am able to find the time to play.

A lot of the game's upsides and/or decline have to do with the company, but some of it has to do with us--the players.
Although it may be a small thing--I think friendly chatter during a league can be one factor in increasing the likelihood of players coming back.

Our lives can be so isolating nowadays, so stressful, that some friendly banter can make all the difference.

Chompsky

lanier64

PostTue Oct 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Bump!

Salty

PostTue Oct 29, 2019 4:14 pm

Ive never understood how things operate around here-
we were supposed to get a batch of new cards at the end of September, but today they are announcing more line up choices which wasn't really a priority for anyone that I know of.
and we still are waiting on the cards...

stuff just don't make sense

goffchile

PostTue Oct 29, 2019 5:20 pm

lanier64 wrote:I joined in ATG III and man was I green. But as soon as I asked a question on the boards it was helpfully answered by several people immediately. I particularly remember agabriel. Adrian helped me a lot in the beginning as well as countless others. I miss leagues filling really fast and the vibrant community we used to have.
As a matter of fact it is 10:41 PDT and I'm the ONLY person on the ATG board. That would never happened back in the day. There were always a few people on the boards at any hour of the day.

I remember agabriel as well. Also arrylT and several others. I just recently re-joined after a lengthy hiatus. My last league was ATG IV so was that 2010? I was stoked to see MunichMan among many other familiar names still playing. It was a great community.

I gather that interest has waned as of late which is too bad. Well lets get some leagues going!
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats