SOM Game Engine sabotaged my line-up for Game 7

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Muadib1950

SOM Game Engine sabotaged my line-up for Game 7

PostSat Sep 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Friends at SOM,
Your Game Engine moved one of my best hitters to the #8 spot in my non-DH Game 7 Semifinal Playoff game last night. This is NOT FUNNY any more. We and you have had YEARS and YEARS to get basic things to operate properly. My line-up list was violated at the worst possible time to do it. Why?
Jon

STEVE F

Re: SOM Game Engine sabotaged my line-up for Game 7

PostSat Sep 21, 2019 10:00 pm

send an email to support. Posting here will do no good, as SOM does not read these forums.

Muadib1950

PostSun Sep 22, 2019 8:23 pm

STEVE F wrote:send an email to support. Posting here will do no good, as SOM does not read these forums.

Thanx Steve. Definitely sending an eMail to SOM HQ at the top of the week tomorrow as you suggest. But how do you know they don't even read this column, as it's specifically designated for them to read & review?

STEVE F

PostSun Sep 22, 2019 9:34 pm

I think Garcia as much as admitted it a long time ago. The forums are just for the players. We could ask him, but you can't post on his thread either, and he's been AWOL for , what? Over a year now?

Anyway, I've always received quick response by emailing support. Sometimes it takes a couple days , sometimes same day. I get the feeling that they are very short staffed, perhaps it's all they can do just to keep up with answering emails.

Muadib1950

PostTue Sep 24, 2019 4:00 pm

STEVE F wrote:I think Garcia as much as admitted it a long time ago. The forums are just for the players. We could ask him, but you can't post on his thread either, and he's been AWOL for , what? Over a year now?

Anyway, I've always received quick response by emailing support. Sometimes it takes a couple days , sometimes same day. I get the feeling that they are very short staffed, perhaps it's all they can do just to keep up with answering emails.

Sigh :|
Looks like you were correct, Steve. Crickets & Silence from "On High" here. I am grateful for this site and all it has to offer, but their first priorities have to be selling teams and product quality, and I guess those do get in the way of one another at times. OTOH, if there is a software glitch related to line-ups that jerks a top-4 hitter to the bottom of the order, surely someone might want to fix it. Sending the Inquiry to Support, which I call Strat HQ. Will report any news I learn herein as it looks like the employees do not. -Jon

lexomatic

PostFri May 29, 2020 6:43 am

That's a shame. Mu players team is constantly being sabotaged by lineup decisions. Changing lineups strangely putting my best obo hitters last, putting my worst defenders in key positions and switchin positions with players who field better. They aren't listed ad backups.

Would love minimal interference option.

For example in this game: https://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/447881/59

Batting Davis leadoff
Batting Castro 2nd
Batting Castro, Peterson, Moustakos, Tauchmann consecutiely as 4 lefty hitters
Playing Peterson in CF when he is a 4, when he is not on the depth chart and Tauchman is the starting CF and is a 2 there.
Batting Pham 7th when he normally bats 2nd.

Sure there's injuries. I'd rather just the single holes be plugged instead of a) revamping my fielding choices and b) redoing the lineup (in what I consider absolutely crazy fashion).

coyote303

PostFri May 29, 2020 8:26 pm

I have had the game engine do a few odd things over the years, but overall I think it does a good job doing what I want.

That being said, Steve F gives good advice: Write to SOM support. Not long ago, I was angry that one of my best hitters was being pinch hit for, so I wrote support. It turns out I had switched my slugger from left field to right field where I had a platoon pinch hitter set for the former right fielder. Totally my error. Fortunately, easy to fix.

There may or may not be an explanation for you complaints, but if there is they will let you know.

It's possible that injuries and the DH position simply caused an unfortunate glitch. However, if your lineup is "constantly being sabotaged," all I can say is I have not seen this in 100 seasons.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM