ATG Repricing Poll: Skills

Moderator: Palmtana

What skills or characteristics should change with future changes and how?

Skills are priced right
14%
Hitting gets CHEAPER
2%
Pitching gets CHEAPER
12%
Fielding gets CHEAPER
32%
Speed/Intangibles gets CHEAPER
12%
Hitting a LITTLE more expensive
19%
Pitching a LITTLE more expensive
4%
Fielding a LITTLE more expensive
2%
Speed/Intangibles a LITTLE more expensive
No votes
Hitting a LOT more expensive
2%
Pitching a LOT more expensive
2%
Defense a LOT more expensive
No votes
Speed/Intangibles a LOT more expensive
No votes

Total votes : 57

• Author

nels52

ATG Repricing Poll: Skills

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 6:51 pm

By no means is this a perfect poll but hopefully, it doesn't do too much straight-up leading questions! :roll: geez that nels guy.

I wanted to do further splits, but maybe these big 4 dimensions (Hitting/Pitching/Fielding/Other) and whether they stay the same, go down, go up a lil or go up a lot can give us and SOM a clue about where the community is at? (Poll 2 of 2)

This is considering whatever you play cap-wise, DH, etc but there is a certain assumption/bias that salaries largely exist for caps under $200mil. :twisted: I don't see why price increases or decreases would overwhelmingly squeeze out higher caps but they aren't intended to just as they aren't for 80mil.

Thanks!

YOU MAY VOTE FOR UP TO 2 SELECTIONS

honestiago

Re: ATG Repricing Poll: Skills

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 10:25 pm

Where is “rate the cards appropriately,” as in Ryne Duren, with his 1 start shouldn’t have an SP rating.

I’d like greater injury risk and lengthier time in the DL for pitchers based on usage (or rather, over-usage). Duren/Joel Pineiro should not be tossing 200+ innings.

The Last Druid

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 11:45 pm

You forgot the most important category. Price increases for any of the cards Cristano uses in more than one Barnstormers Finals!

BDWard

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 1:47 am

I think pitching should have been split into several categories, SP, RP only over $4 mil with endurance ratings of 3 innings or more and then all other relief pitchers only.

I'm tired of seeing super relievers pitch 250+ innings, often times pitching more innings than any starting pitchers on the team. If they are going to pitch starting pitcher innings, then they should be priced like starting pitchers. In other words, super relievers should be A LOT more expensive.

nels52

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 7:05 pm

BDWard, I agree totally. I wanted to do something like that: HR, Ks, super-relievers, etc, but while putting it together (1st poll was a lot of more thought out?) I was surprised by how many categories or whatever this simple forum poll needed.

I totally agree, supa-relievers need to be more expensive considering they can rival the inning total of a guy like Mathewson. The enigmatic Weinberg/christiano pointed this out to me back when.

Yeah, his abomination of platoon-grind should be taxed waaay more Druid :D

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats