15x15 fantasy league has opening

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Valen

15x15 fantasy league has opening

PostWed Jul 03, 2019 9:18 pm

I run a couple yahoo fantasy leagues where we use 15 stat categories for position players and 15 for pitchers. It is a lot of fun. One of the leagues only has 6 teams and one of them has been abandoned. Amazingly it is in 4th place. Glad I am not in 5th or 6th. I would be a little embarrassed. LOL.

Anyway I am looking for two things.

1 - Advice on what to do with the abandoned team. Years ago I had a manager who seemed to be tanking and I took his team over and released all his players at the allstar break and let everyone fight over them via waivers. Thinking of doing that here though since it is in 4th probably not damaging integrity of league that may be an over-reaction.

The league members have not expressed a preference one way or the other beyond whatever I decide is fine with them. Appreciate the vote of confidence but not real helpful. LOL. So if you were in my shoes would you break the team up or leave it alone?

2 - Ideal solution would be to have someone take the team over. It has a good roster still and with a little effort might even make a run for the championship. If you are interested post your email in to a private message.

Whatever I do want to get it done over the allstar break. After the break whatever is will be rest of season.

Palmtana

Re: 15x15 fantasy league has opening

PostWed Jul 03, 2019 10:34 pm

What the waiver wire must look like! That depends on the squad size though. Not your typical Yahoo league so it can't be allowed to wither away. PM sent.

Valen

PostSat Jul 06, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks for considerint it Palmtana. It is indeed not your usual league. I have two leagues. One is made up of people from these boards and has been going for almost a decade now. Very competitive. The other I started about 5 years ago and opened up for anyone to join. It is slowly gaining momentum and is getting competitive. There is a learning curve for people new to the format. With 30 stat categories we are able to include many stats not normally tracked by the standard 5x5. So players who are valuable in real life but useless in fantasy tend to have more realistic value.

For example double plays induced by pitchers help. Big power hitters who are one trick ponies with big HR totals value is more accurate as double plays they hit in to will hurt in that category. And fielding stats are included. So that shortstop that gobbles up everything piling up the assists is good to have even if they are not putting up Arod numbers.

Not sure what happened with this inactive manager. He has been active for several years and was quite good and competitive. With just 6 teams right now the waiver wire is full of enticing players. So ideal for the active person who likes to tinker. And with 30 stat categories ground can be made up quickly. Last year I was in last at the allstar break and scrambled to actually capture first with a few days left only to have entire team mail in the season and finished second. Winner from last year is in currently in last. That gives you an idea how competitive it is.

I love this format as it puts your knowledge of the full game of baseball to the test.

Valen

PostSun Jul 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Probably last day to express interest. Want to make a decision before all star break so everyone can have a couple days of no games to adjust. In case anyone is interested here are league settings.

Setting Value
League ID#: 80687
League Name: Galactic Baseball 2017
Auto-renew Enabled: Yes
Custom League URL: https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.co ... icbaseball
Draft Type: Autopick Draft
Draft Time: Fri Mar 15 11:02pm CDT
Cash League Settings: Not a cash league Convert to cash league
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade End Date: August 11, 2019
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Allow injured players from waivers or free agents to be added directly to injury slot: Yes
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Trade Reject Time: 1 day
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 165
Max Innings Pitched: 2000
Roster Changes: Daily - Today
Start Scoring on: Wednesday, Mar 20
End Scoring on: Sunday, Sep 29
Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes
Invite Permissions: All Managers Can Invite
Send unjoined players email reminders: Yes
Roster Positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Doubles (2B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Sacrifice Hits (SH), Sacrifice Flys (SF), Ground Into Double Play (GIDP), Putouts (PO), Assists (A), Fielding Percentage (FPCT), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS), Net Stolen Bases (NSB), Outfield Assists (OFA), Double Plays Turned (DPT)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Pitching Appearances (APP), Games Started (GS), Innings Pitched (IP), Home Runs (HR), Strikeouts (K), Stolen Bases Allowed (SB), Batters Grounded Into Double Plays (GIDP), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9), Inherited Runners Scored (IRA), Quality Starts (QS), Net Saves (NSV)

JAMESZIMMER

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 5:02 pm

I’ll take the abandoned team if it’s still available.

tpdeharts

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm

IS THIS NET PLAY?

Palmtana

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Valen wrote:I run a couple yahoo fantasy leagues.........

It's Yahoo.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx