Reelin' in the Years League - Season 33

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Re: Reelin' in the Years League - Season 24

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Actually, no, it does not work like that.

You started with a roster of 40 and traded away DeGrom, Martinez, and Cole. Adding back Tucker, Gray, and Green got you back to 40.

Further, the rules state that "4) Regular players can be released from the full... roster only for the following: a) Pre-draft release prior to annual free agent draft; or b) to bring a roster down to the 40 man limit, following an unbalanced transaction". Alonso and Starlin can not be dropped, since you are still at 40.

Likewise, McKay and Bart can not be promoted, since you have no room for them in your 40-man roster.

Which leads to the conclusion that Adell and Keller now join your prospect pool, bringing you to a total of 5, which is 1 over the maximum allowed.

Thus, unless the trade terms are updated, you will need to drop 1 of your 5 prospects.

Thus spake Zarathrusta!

padrenurgle1

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 5:05 pm

geez.

Wilmer why don’t you just give me the biggest scrub on your 40 man As part of the deal… One of the 10 you’ll be releasing after the seasons anyway…Someone you don’t need this year and want to keep on your roster for next year.

willmurr24

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 10:18 pm

I WILL SEND PADRE ALONSO As part of the amended trade if he confirms . does that fix the books

willmurr24

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 10:20 pm

padre I dropped jd hours ago check again

padrenurgle1

PostTue Jul 02, 2019 12:03 am

So strange...I've logged in and out...Martinez is definitely still showing on Willmurr's roster, not listed with the FAs, and I am unable to pick him up (greyed out). He is also not listed as dropped in the transactions list. DeGrom and Cole were no problem.

Willmurr says he definitely dropped him hours ago.

Maybe I need to contact support.

Can someone else please see if your browser shows him as released and available, or not released yet?

padrenurgle1

PostTue Jul 02, 2019 12:14 am

willmurr24 wrote:I WILL SEND PADRE ALONSO As part of the amended trade if he confirms . does that fix the books

Alonso will be fine, that should leave willmurr with 39 on MLB roster and give him room to jump up one of his prospects.

I believe I traded Green, Gray and Tucker of my MLB roster, and Keller and Adell from my prospects, and brought on DeGrom, Cole, Martinez and now Alonso, which means I need to drop a MLB-er. Which will be Alonso, after being on my roster for 5 minutes. That should leave me with 40 in MLB and 2 prospectS (Tatis and Madrigal).

padrenurgle1

PostTue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 am

JD Martinez played for Yellowtails tonight...unless I am just totally broken inside and we're accidentally trading cross-league???

willmurr24

PostTue Jul 02, 2019 8:34 am

I have no idea !!! Unless the guy I added when I dropped Mart, maybe Alonso ,I don't remember , later voided the drop when I dropped him from my team/roster . But I am pretty sure JD is now off my roster ,but someone not living in the Twilight Zone should check

padrenurgle1

PostTue Jul 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Not sure what happened yesterday...but it's all OK now.

We just need confirnation that the revised trade works for the rosters:

padrenurgle gets:
deGrom
Martinez
Cole
Alonso

willmurr gets:
Green
Gray
Tucker
Adell
Keller

After the trade:

padrenurgle drops Alonso, leaving 40 on the big club and 2 in the minors.
willmurr should then be able to move 1 of 5 prospects up to the big club to make 40, with 4 in the minors.

IF he's still got 1 over the limit, then let's pre-approve that he can load another scrub into the deal to get down to 39 so he can have room for all the prospects.

tcochran

PostTue Jul 02, 2019 7:39 pm

padrenurgle1 wrote:Not sure what happened yesterday...but it's all OK now.

We just need confirnation that the revised trade works for the rosters:

padrenurgle gets:
deGrom
Martinez
Cole
Alonso

willmurr gets:
Green
Gray
Tucker
Adell
Keller

After the trade:

padrenurgle drops Alonso, leaving 40 on the big club and 2 in the minors.
willmurr should then be able to move 1 of 5 prospects up to the big club to make 40, with 4 in the minors.

IF he's still got 1 over the limit, then let's pre-approve that he can load another scrub into the deal to get down to 39 so he can have room for all the prospects.

Yes, willmurr now has 39 active players and 5 prospects. He may now promote 1 of the prospects :D
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat