24 team slow draft - CHAT ROOM

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

pacoboy

24 team slow draft - CHAT ROOM

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 9:05 am

Let's do this ! SR2012 and DOHowser1 I'll send you my cell # to text me you'r waiting on me

Draft order:
1. MOMS DEMAND GUN SENSE
2. Lowlife Orangeman - SR2012
3. Radio City Music Hallers - pacoboy
4. I Have No KLU- Szewski - DOHowser1
5. Newcastle United
6. Laguna Beach Artists
7. New York Mets
8. Milwaukee Brewers
9. Royal Hawaiians
10. Casual Tornados
11. SLOW MOTION SLOTHS
12. Ixannai Manticores
13. Cleveland Spiders
14. Chinook Pass Thoroughbreds
15. Rockland Dirt Dawgs III
16. The Wrong Stuff
17. Traverse City Pit Spitters
18. Harlem Shuffle
19. Detroit Retrograde
20. cristano1 ATG8-P002
21. Somers Speculators
22. San Gabriel Gold Sox
23. Massachusetts Molasses
24. 3-toed Sluggish softspokenSloth

rburgh

Re: 24 team slow draft - CHAT ROOM

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 am

I wouldn't worry about how queues work I. The mock drafts, that app doesn't recognize recent player ads. Queues work fine in the regular draft rooms.

pacoboy

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Was worried that Hornsby would actually go 1 or 2 considering this is a 24 team league with zero idea what's available 40 picks later.

rburgh

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Why would you think he would go ahead of Ruth or Bonds? They go 1-2 in a lot of the Friday night live drafts.

Also, despite some of the naysayers, we got 25 picks in today. We should do more for the next couple of days as people have had an evening to think about their upcoming picks.

STEVE F

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 11:15 pm

When does the clock stop? I thought it was 11 pm EST. I notice it's still ticking

rburgh

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 6:40 am

The clock appears to be running, then when time expires, taking a player from the queue and moving on, restarting for the next player.

When I check the commish tab on my draft app (you all won't have one, I suspect), it tells me that the clock is on for 3 hours for players who are present, and players who are "away" have unlimited time to pick. So if you choose to leave your queue empty overnight, please make sure you check the "away" box or just log out of the draft room.

All of the picks so far were obviously made from queues, since none of them has been the highest salaried player available at the time. And my pick was made manually, although selected from my queue, since I happened to be up at the time.

The acid test will be this weekend, and I expect the usual howling about, "he should have left a queue," if things grind to a halt. But there is nothing to be done except making sure that you have a queue in place as your pick approaches. This is especially true for the person who picks in the 2nd slot, since he could easily be "quick picked" by MOMS in the #1 slot and find out, when he comes back 5 hours later, that he has been assigned someone he doesn't want.

And if you get assigned a player you don't want during "dead" time, please post a message here. I apparently have the power to roll the raft back to any particular pick, and will do so if necessary provided that I am informed reasonably promptly.

pacoboy

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 9:06 am

Why would you think he would go ahead of Ruth or Bonds? They go 1-2 in a lot of the Friday night live drafts.

Also, despite some of the naysayers, we got 25 picks in today. We should do more for the next couple of days as people have had an evening to think about their upcoming picks.

Position scarcity. Bonds is amazing but I didn't think that was the slam dunk pick in a 24 team league.

pacoboy

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am

And if you get assigned a player you don't want during "dead" time, please post a message here. I apparently have the power to roll the raft back to any particular pick, and will do so if necessary provided that I am informed reasonably promptly.

Do you have the ability to make picks for others?

rburgh

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 9:27 am

Not that I know of. And I am pretty much unavailable to do so anyway for the rest of the day, much of it will be spent in air travel.

Muadib1950

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 1:09 pm

rburgh wrote:The clock appears to be running, then when time expires, taking a player from the queue and moving on, restarting for the next player.

When I check the commish tab on my draft app (you all won't have one, I suspect), it tells me that the clock is on for 3 hours for players who are present, and players who are "away" have unlimited time to pick. So if you choose to leave your queue empty overnight, please make sure you check the "away" box or just log out of the draft room.

All of the picks so far were obviously made from queues, since none of them has been the highest salaried player available at the time. And my pick was made manually, although selected from my queue, since I happened to be up at the time.

The acid test will be this weekend, and I expect the usual howling about, "he should have left a queue," if things grind to a halt. But there is nothing to be done except making sure that you have a queue in place as your pick approaches. This is especially true for the person who picks in the 2nd slot, since he could easily be "quick picked" by MOMS in the #1 slot and find out, when he comes back 5 hours later, that he has been assigned someone he doesn't want.

EXCELLENT LADDIE! I was just scouring the League draft discussion thread that Riggo had set up while we were recruiting managers ... then remembered someone had commented that you'd posted this response in the ILC sector instead. I will copy your response there and admonish folks to come over here with questions -- as some may head over there first as I just did.
8-)
Jon
Next

Return to Individual League Chat