2019 Mystery Tournament - Finals Draft

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

franky35

Re: 2019 Mystery Tournament - Finals Draft - AdamKatz is up

PostWed May 29, 2019 11:38 pm

Adam, why the delay? Do you realize that you are being inconsiderate?

brian straub

PostThu May 30, 2019 7:19 am

Never did a live draft before. How does this work?

hallerose

PostThu May 30, 2019 8:53 am

70s DH league, $80M cap, seeded divisions, must eventually draft stadium

Round 1:

1. AdamKatz:
2. markmorrison:
3. franky35:
4. sphilipp8:
5. mburatti76:
6. Spider 67:
7. Takanahana:
8. Rjnewman:
9. brian straub:
10. hallerose:
11. waynick:
12. Jimmy_C:

Round 2:

13. Jimmy_C:
14. waynick:
15. hallerose:
16. brian straub:
17. Rjnewman:
18. Takanahana:
19. Spider 67:
20. mburatti76:
21. sphilipp8:
22. franky35:
23. markmorrison:
24. AdamKatz:

Rjnewman

PostThu May 30, 2019 11:41 am

Maybe he really did want to pass....

mburatti76

PostThu May 30, 2019 11:50 am

Let's give him Joe Morgan and move forward.

franky35

PostThu May 30, 2019 11:52 am

Never did a live draft before. How does this work?

Brian, First of all - congratulations. You made the finals with almost no prior experience with the mystery format (something like 8 prior teams). Amazing. Anyway, the draft. For some of us, the draft is as much fun as the regular season. The draft will be 12 or 14 rounds and the rules are simple. When your turn comes up, you can pick any available player. All players are available unless they have already been drafted. You must use one of your draft picks to pick an available stadium. At the conclusion of the message board draft, we do the autodraft. The players drafted in the live draft become exclusive-rights players. In the autodraft, you list your drafted players at the bottom of your rankings; since they are exclusive-rights players, no one else can put them on their draft list. If someone makes a mistake and drafts someone else's player, they have to give them back to the team that drafted that player. After the autodraft, the preseason and season play as normal.

Additional Tips. This is an 80 mil league, so people will be drafting "value" players. So, although Amos Otis was a great player, he is unlikely to be drafted because his salary is too high. I recommend waiting til a late round to pick your stadium that will match the strengths of the players that you've drafted. Perhaps someone can find a 70s message board draft where you can see an example. You could also post a note in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s Leagues Message Board asking for advice on who to draft. Also, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

franky35

PostThu May 30, 2019 12:06 pm

To AdamKatz - I'm guessing you don't want to (or can't) do a live draft. Please let us know and we'll go down the rankings for a replacement.

To all finals players - The Commissioner, JuicedJC (John) has generously offered to step back in to be commissioner of the finals. I've been in several finals and typically it is run by the participants, and the commissioner gets a break. I was commissioner of last year's tournament and did not make the finals and I was very happy to take no part in running the finals. I'm not the commissioner here, but I'm excited to be in the finals and am trying to get things moving along and helping out. But if people would like John's help/authority, please speak up. Likewise, if AdamKatz does not want to be a good sport and go along with the live draft, then either we (or the commissioner) will need to take action to get the finals back on track. For my part, if AdamKatz does not go along with the live draft, I think he should be replaced. Comments?

Jimmy_C

PostThu May 30, 2019 12:30 pm

I’ve been in the tournament since the beginning. My understanding is that it’s always been if a finalist can’t Or won’t participate in the finals round then it’s offered to the manager in 13th place.

That being said, it would be a shame not to have Adam in the finals round. For some reason I suspect he has real life things going on health wise that others of us don’t have to deal with. If it’s just a matter of switching from live draft (which I really enjoy) to auto draft to get this going then perhaps that’s something that could be discussed.

Adam...it would be great to hear from you...

markmorrison

PostThu May 30, 2019 12:44 pm

I think John did an amazing job organizing this tournament and I would like to see him involved in running our Finals.
As for Adam, he has had a great tournament and deserves to be in the Finals. Hoping he can get things rolling with the first pick soon.

Rjnewman

PostThu May 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Picking here in "live draft" is not rocket science and is the most fun. Maybe he is just not looking here and thinks "live draft" Mystery tourney league will be a private league posted in normal spot under private leagues in league directory and he just doesn't see it yet?
PreviousNext

Return to --- Mystery Tournament