Moneyball Baseball Keeper League FILLED

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

sociophil

Moneyball Baseball Keeper League FILLED

PostSat May 11, 2019 9:39 pm

Have you ever imagined playing a SOM online keeper league with guaranteed player contracts, salary arbitration, free agency, and all the complexity of general managing a major league franchise? I have developed a set of rules that allows for the establishment of a keeper league that models the real world conditions of managing a major league franchise. Have a look at the rules and let me know if you are interested in committing to this new concept SOM online franchise keeper league. I'm looking to 10 managers to join myself and HVEED in developing this experiment in franchise baseball.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lKjb_-RIB4EOxPtXdbN8t25pBvUUQ5jYzUH0kT2-OEg/edit?usp=sharing

1. sociophil
2. hveed

Bueller? Bueller?
Last edited by sociophil on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sociophil

Re: Moneyball Baseball Keeper League Signup

PostMon May 13, 2019 11:36 am

Bump

The Turtle

PostMon May 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Seems like an interesting concept, but a lot to take in and could be a TON or work for the commish.

tcochran

PostMon May 13, 2019 12:50 pm

The Turtle wrote:Seems like an interesting concept, but a lot to take in and could be a TON or work for the commish.

Yes, agreed. Speaking as a veteran commish, that sounds like a lot to keep track of. Will you be using some sort of Google Sheets template to manage it all?

sociophil

PostMon May 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Yes it will be some bookkeeping but I think I have that covered too. See the linked spreadsheet,especially that page titled Franchise A. It is what the google sheet would look like for my GOML Keeper team if I were to draft it during the inaugural league draft. I added a contract example for Brandon Belt as an example of what a contract would look like.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EMNjp5nV-l49kL7SquCOLEAkQRRC9BUHUTeFf__itS0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Phil

mlbphan

PostTue May 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Have you ever imagined playing a SOM online keeper league with guaranteed player contracts, salary arbitration, free agency, and all the complexity of general managing a major league franchise? I have developed a set of rules that allows for the establishment of a keeper league that models the real world conditions of managing a major league franchise. Have a look at the rules and let me know if you are interested in committing to this new concept SOM online franchise keeper league. I'm looking to 10 managers to join myself and HVEED in developing this experiment in franchise baseball.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lKj ... sp=sharing

1. sociophil
2. hveed
3. mlbphan

sociophil

PostWed May 15, 2019 1:29 pm

bump

Still looking for anyone interested in committing to this new concept. This might be the only keeper league of its kind on SOM 365, so don't let the opportunity pass!

sociophil

PostFri May 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Bump

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lKjb_-RIB4EOxPtXdbN8t25pBvUUQ5jYzUH0kT2-OEg/edit?usp=sharing

Have a look at the contract section of the rules linked above to see how this league is fundamentally different than other keeper leagues. Still looking for adventurous SOMO players to commit to this project.

sociophil

PostWed May 22, 2019 11:39 pm

Unless I get some interest real soon I am going to retire this idea.

NMILSTEIN

PostWed May 22, 2019 11:52 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lKj ... sp=sharing

1. sociophil
2. hveed
3. mlbphan
4.nmilstein
Next

Return to Individual League Chat