WBKL Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bigmahon

Re: WBKL Chat - LEAGUE NOW LOADING

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 am

2019 WBKL Season 1 Divisions

League password will be "Season1", 200 Million, Regular Set

Maximum roster size to start year is 26, go to 28 after game 132.

EAST
Dr.Publix - IN
dharmabums - IN
The Turtle - IN
Lakeviewdave - IN

CENTRAL

lferenti123- IN
WJS6768 - IN
hk mossy - IN
kevinehle - IN

WEST
nythawk129921
edub1969 - IN
bigmahon - IN
MEAT - IN

Dr.Publix

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 1:31 pm

Dr. Publix trades his 2020 2nd round prospect pick to Bigmahon for turtle’s 2019 2nd round prospect pick, contingent on his 3rd round prospect pick in this draft being restored. Big to confirm and Dave to make a ruling

lakeviewdave

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Dr.Publix wrote:Dr. Publix trades his 2020 2nd round prospect pick to Bigmahon for turtle’s 2019 2nd round prospect pick, contingent on his 3rd round prospect pick in this draft being restored. Big to confirm and Dave to make a ruling

Ni draft pick was forfeited.

bigmahon

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 3:46 pm

All good. People came to me looking to deal. I wasn’t driving this particular bus.

Dr.Publix

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 4:22 pm

lakeviewdave wrote:
Dr.Publix wrote:Dr. Publix trades his 2020 2nd round prospect pick to Bigmahon for turtle’s 2019 2nd round prospect pick, contingent on his 3rd round prospect pick in this draft being restored. Big to confirm and Dave to make a ruling

Previous transaction voided. All good for me as well, although I don’t understand why there was a random deadline instituted for him to forfeit his pick rather than the logical, natural deadline of when the pick in question comes up. In other words, if you have 10 prospects and your pick comes up, you don’t pick. If you do something so that you have less than 10 by the time your pick comes, you pick. Isn’t that how the regular draft is? That’s how all the other leagues I’m in are anyway. Draft picks get traded all the time during the draft, which often changes the number of picks someone has, and it often results in picks that look like they are going to be forfeited ending up being made.

Again, not a big deal and I’m fine not making this trade, but it doesn’t really make sense that he’s locked in to forfeiting that pick so early.

lakeviewdave

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Dr.Publix wrote:
lakeviewdave wrote:

Previous transaction voided. All good for me as well, although I don’t understand why there was a random deadline instituted for him to forfeit his pick rather than the logical, natural deadline of when the pick in question comes up. In other words, if you have 10 prospects and your pick comes up, you don’t pick. If you do something so that you have less than 10 by the time your pick comes, you pick. Isn’t that how the regular draft is? That’s how all the other leagues I’m in are anyway. Draft picks get traded all the time during the draft, which often changes the number of picks someone has, and it often results in picks that look like they are going to be forfeited ending up being made.

Again, not a big deal and I’m fine not making this trade, but it doesn’t really make sense that he’s locked in to forfeiting that pick so early.

The regular draft followed the same, at the start of the draft there were many places where there was 'No pick' because roster was full, same here for prospect draft. I gave bigmahon a deadline ( and that even went past the start of the prospect draft), he decided to forfeit the pick, end of story. Sure FA picks are dealt during draft, and if someone needs a pick, it would be done at the end of the draft as a supplemental pick. It was not a random deadline, I gave bigmahon time to deal with the issue, which should have been done before prospect draft even started, I could have easily just said that his 3rd prospect pick is forfeited as that would have put him over 10 picks at the start of the draft, but I didn't. Everyone should be held accountable for their picks ahead of time.

For the FA draft, edub1969 had many picks, should he be allowed to deal picks he wasn't going to need to reach 40? No, and I applied the same here, and even went above and beyond the start of prospect draft to get it dealt with.

If you feel otherwise, then you can certainly take over being commish and deal with it as you see fit.

WJS6768

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 2:49 pm

Looking to trade my final prospect pick

Dr.Publix

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 5:01 pm

Dr. Publix trades his 2020 3rd round prospect pick to wjs6768 for his 2019 3rd round prospect pick. Bill to confirm

WJS6768

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Confirm trade with Dr P

lakeviewdave

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Lakeviewdave trades

Ryan McMahon

To hk mossy for

2019 3rd round prospect pick

To be confirmed and drop needed