Platoon question/possible refinement

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

tdkearns

Platoon question/possible refinement

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 6:59 am

I want to platoon 2 outfielders. But one is better suited to RF and the other to LF based on arm ratings.
I can’t figure out how to have the platoon pinch hitter come in at his better position. Has anyone?

milleram

Re: Platoon question/possible refinement

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Unfortunately no---I noticed this the first league that platoon PH were available. They have to both be able to play the same position. More than your example there are numerous 3 way shifts that would work--there seem to be a lot of players that play 2B and OF where a hitter could move from 2B to OF or opposite. (Zobrist and E. Hernandez moving but not being the platoon PH for example)

I think Strat could modify the platoon PH to be any player (like a DH), then when you come up for defense HAL will figure it out. HAL is pretty good at moving players to the best defensive spots when player gets hurt, or regular PH or PR have enter the game--don't know why that logic couldn't be used.

coyote303

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 11:33 pm

If they both play the same position, it's possible HAL will put them where you want since he will move outfielders how he (it?) thinks is best when substitutions are made. His changes usually range from neutral to good (and sometimes annoying). However, he was awful with one of my recent teams, shifting around some players that made no sense. So, you never can tell.

tdkearns

PostThu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 am

But I can’t get the platoon PH to show up in the dialog box because he’s not rated for the position.
That’s the issue.

Return to General Strategy