Dual Franchise League Season 24

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

gamiam

Re: Dual Franchise League Season 24

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 6:20 pm

Since franchises were selected without theses cards being available, I don't think it's fair to include them. I know they are in the set, but I would just say no using any new cards. Either that or start the draft over.

drfreeze49

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 6:25 pm

gamiam wrote:Since franchises were selected without theses cards being available, I don't think it's fair to include them. I know they are in the set, but I would just say no using any new cards. Either that or start the draft over.

fine either way by me

visick

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 6:37 pm

"just a waste: don't know what people are thinking when they nominate and then vote in these cards????"

Comments like this, get you berated in the Card Discussions section.

I feel the same way. I've even mentioned this on the boards.
But it leads to a few ripping you.

If we got cards on a regular basis. Clockwork like every 2-3 months, it wouldn't be so bad.
But like you said, there are so many wasted picks.

I even dared managers to use their choices. I doubt they did.
It's one thing liking a player.
It's another thing having usable cards.

MEAT

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 7:07 pm

I tend to agree that the newbies arrived on the scene after franchises were selected, even though I would probably use the new Gamble card, not exactly fair to add them to teams that may have been selected in a different slot if available then.

MEAT

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 7:07 pm

1) DR FREEZE49--------------YANKEES+ Giambi + C. Fielder
2) GAMIAM--------------------DODGERS + Brett Boone + Cal Ripkin
3) PDIXON101--------------- Cleveland + Mauer + BJ Ryan
4) FRANKMANSUETO--------Boston + Gooden + Balfour
5) PILONEUS 382------------Giants + Seaver + Tulowitzki
6) FALCON 29----------------Braves + Yount + Steve Carlton
7) H KILLEBREW-------------Cards + Hoffman + D. McLain + W.Hernandez
8) TOINE----------------------Cubs + Schmidt++ IRod+++Braun

9) TREYOMO-----------------Reds + Brett + Verlander + Chance

10) VISICK------------------- Astros + Kiner +(proxy) M.Cabrera + M.Napoli
11) SPLINTER----------------Expos + The Unit + Camilo Pascual + DelGado
12) MEAT-------------------- White Sox + Griffey Jr + M.Trout + Stargell

the splinter

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 8:59 pm

I say we use them

yes I would add Mad Max to my roster but at the expense of adding a lesser free agent so I think it evens out

And I have to know before making my next pick

FALCON29

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 10:42 pm

1) DR FREEZE49--------------YANKEES+ Giambi + C. Fielder
2) GAMIAM--------------------DODGERS + Brett Boone + Cal Ripkin
3) PDIXON101--------------- Cleveland + Mauer + BJ Ryan
4) FRANKMANSUETO--------Boston + Gooden + Balfour
5) PILONEUS 382------------Giants + Seaver + Tulowitzki
6) FALCON 29----------------Braves + Robin Yount + Steve Carlton + Bobby Grich
7) H KILLEBREW-------------Cards + Hoffman + D. McLain + W.Hernandez
8) TOINE----------------------Cubs + Schmidt++ IRod+++Braun

9) TREYOMO-----------------Reds + Brett + Verlander + Chance

10) VISICK------------------- Astros + Kiner +(proxy) M.Cabrera + M.Napoli
11) SPLINTER----------------Expos + The Unit + Camilo Pascual + DelGado
12) MEAT-------------------- White Sox + Griffey Jr + M.Trout + Stargell

gamiam wrote:Since franchises were selected without theses cards being available, I don't think it's fair to include them. I know they are in the set, but I would just say no using any new cards.

How would you police this? We could always agree to make the new cards available without altering the team that each player is already assigned to. Couldn't we?

Toine

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 10:49 pm

Okay let's break this down and put this thing to rest; as I said in an earlier post there are maybe 7-10 usable cards;

1) Altuve -2B Houston, nice card but Astros already have Biggio. He may or may not be used.

2) Nolan Ryan--looks to me like a nice card but he still has 2 more expensive cards than the new one

3)Aaron--good card at a cheap price but no guarantee this card will be used

4) Oscar Gamble is a DH who will help the worst team chosen; White Sox

5) Edgar Martinez is another DH who is currently a free agent and available to all teams.

6) Kluzewski- an upgrade from his previous card but he is often not on the Indians roster; another one who may or may not be used.

7) Mingori- definetly a nice addition to Indians roster

8) Max Scherzer--now goes from Detroit ( who nobody picked) to Montreal, a team that could use another starter.

9) Joe Judge--good card, but Yanks already have Reggie Jackson in RF; with a 145 mill salary cap they will have a difficult time getting all these high priced players on the roster.

10) Wainwright---an okay but average at best card which will help Cardinals a little.

11) IRod-- a nice upgrade however he has an injury on 2-5 and 2-9.....I have him but not sure if I can risk using that card. He will probably be good for about 100 games a season with those injury placements.

Highly doubtful any of the other 15 cards will ever be used. So in my view these cards are going to have a minimal impact on how the league plays out. IMHO under the formats that we play, probably Ryan, Mingori and Scherzer are the only 3 who will definitely be on a roster year in and year out.

The point I am trying to make here is these players are not game changers; we are not talking Bonds, Mantle or Sosa here!

Honestly, I was seriously contemplating picking the Expos and maybe I would have if Scherzer was on the roster but I can't say for sure. Maybe someone else was thinking that way also, but other than the Expos I highly doubt that anyone would have chosen a different franchise based on the few players listed above. It seems most of the teams that benifited here were teams chosen at the bottom of the draft so it will make for a more competitive league.

I am always looking for new players and change in this game and whereas I don't feel any balance of power has shifted I say we use the new players available.

Also, as an FYI I believe we are going to have some very good free agents out there once the final rosters are set. So if you see a player you like, plan accordingly and pick him up after the first game is played

the splinter

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 pm

8) Scherzer effect

I stated I would add him to my staff. But it will be at the expense of my last FA pick.

I will have to downgrade to afford Max.

I think it’s a wash.

gamiam

PostThu Apr 04, 2019 11:33 pm

Don't forget the Cardinals get Silver King, an almost 11 million dollar starter.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat