Rested Pitcher Bypassed In Favor of F0 Pitcher

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

paul8210

Rested Pitcher Bypassed In Favor of F0 Pitcher

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 6:56 am

This game engine flaw continue to irritate me and cost me games. A seldom used starter/reliever pitcher is available in extra innings, but, HAL brings in a fatigued starter, instead. The seldom used pitcher was not assigned a role, but, should still be given preference over a guy who started the previous game. If that's the way it's going to be, I might as well have had a nine-man pitching staff instead of ten-man pitching staff.

STEVE F

Re: Rested Pitcher Bypassed In Favor of F0 Pitcher

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Send your complaint (with link) to online support. They don't read these boards.

andycummings65

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 3:31 pm

paul8210 wrote:This game engine flaw continue to irritate me and cost me games. A seldom used starter/reliever pitcher is available in extra innings, but, HAL brings in a fatigued starter, instead. The seldom used pitcher was not assigned a role, but, should still be given preference over a guy who started the previous game. If that's the way it's going to be, I might as well have had a nine-man pitching staff instead of ten-man pitching staff.

You say seldom used and not assigned a role, but if he's listed as your 5th starter in your Default Rotation, HAL would rather hold him for that purpose (unlikely thought it is) and use another P in that spot if he can.

STEVE F

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 3:48 pm

andycummings65 wrote:
paul8210 wrote:This game engine flaw continue to irritate me and cost me games. A seldom used starter/reliever pitcher is available in extra innings, but, HAL brings in a fatigued starter, instead. The seldom used pitcher was not assigned a role, but, should still be given preference over a guy who started the previous game. If that's the way it's going to be, I might as well have had a nine-man pitching staff instead of ten-man pitching staff.

You say seldom used and not assigned a role, but if he's listed as your 5th starter in your Default Rotation, HAL would rather hold him for that purpose (unlikely thought it is) and use another P in that spot if he can.

Good call Andy. I forgot that, as I have seldom used a default rotation for years, for exactly that reason.

paul8210

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 7:35 pm

No, the pitcher, Clyde Wright, was not scheduled for any future starts. Same problem happened to my opponent in the same game in the 16th inning, so, the game became the battle of F0s. We are in game 60 and the opposing unused pitcher, Woody Fryman, on his roster since Game 1, still hasn't pitched a single inning this season.

andycummings65

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 9:33 pm

OK. Impossible to say without knowing the settings. Sometimes it IS an error on Strat's part; sometimes it's because of settings.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM