1960's who is the worst value

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s

Moderator: Palmtana

  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Boston4040

  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:27 pm

1960's who is the worst value

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Roberto Clemente and Tony Oliva seem way over-priced. Drysdale and Bunning, and even Mays is questionable too. I'm sure there are others too. Opinions?
Offline

stratorat

  • Posts: 310
  • Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Agree with Clemente....
Currently have him hitting .717 OPS ......
And he isn't even a Gold Glove OF!
Offline

tdkearns

  • Posts: 131
  • Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Paul blair
Jim Landis
Gary Peters
Offline

Cheyenne Bodie

  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:21 am

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 12:23 am

Randy Hundley
Jim Fregosi
Jim Lemon
Offline

Cheyenne Bodie

  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:21 am

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 12:29 am

Curt Flood is over valued and perhaps even Joe Morgan are inflated. Having said that, I'm not sure how much it matters. My team finished first place with a plus 155 run differential apx. 4 times better than any other team in the league. I lost playoffs to the wild card in my division that finished 15 games behind.
Offline

GoldyHOF

  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 1:42 am

Wildcards sometimes win it all. That's why the games are played. They had a good series. You had a bad one. It happens.
Offline

jcheney2013

  • Posts: 234
  • Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 8:53 pm

I'd like to chime in here. Roberto may not be a gold glover, but he is still a 1 range and that arm in right field makes up for the errors that can be expected, imo. With the right supporting cast & especially the right park he can be a monster at the plate.

My 3 picks for overrated in the 60s would be:

Randy Huntley
Jim Landis
Mickey Mantle

Please don't throw rocks at me for Mickey. He has a 40% chance of staying upright for the entire season, 60% chance of missing 30-40 games. While those two injury 1 years are good, they just don't add up to $11.5 million, again imho.
Offline

coyote303

  • Posts: 1243
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:01 pm
  • Location: Colorado

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 12:38 am

tdkearns wrote:Paul blair
Jim Landis
Gary Peters


Agree about Blair and Landis. Disagree about Peters. He has three really good cards. As a bonus, he will hit a few homeruns for you.
Offline

franky35

  • Posts: 1501
  • Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:44 am

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 1:11 am

Clemente? You've got to be kidding. -6 arm in RF plus excellent BA and doesn't get injured. Except for Landis, all of the named players get drafted or picked up in most every league. I agree that Landis and Lemon are not a good values. If I have a lefty-biased stadium, Mantle is my #1 draft pick. I'll often draft Fregosi. Can't go wrong with Morgan. Blair, Flood, and Peters can be very good. The obvious worst value is Johnny Callison - I played in a $200 mil live draft league and he got passed over for a lot of much cheaper players. Don Demeter is also low value. My contrarian pick for worst value pitcher is Hoyt Wilhelm; yes, there are no hits on any of his cards but he is expensive and cannot hold runners, also, I am not good at getting mega-innings out of relievers.
Offline

Metsies

  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Re: 1960's who is the worst value

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 10:26 am

Marichal
McLain
Bunning . . . unless you are playing at the Astrodome

Yaz
Bonds
Maris
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests