Hitters vs LH and RH Pitching

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Sandycofax1

Hitters vs LH and RH Pitching

PostSun Aug 26, 2018 11:35 pm

To Stratomatic (or anyone who knows the answer),

In Baseball 365, I'm trying to better understand the ratings of the strength of hitters (or pitchers) vs LH and RH pitching (/hitting). For example, I have Max Muncy on my roster. He's rated 3R, so he's better against RH pitching. His card indicates significantly more power against right handed pitching and a better batting average against RH pitching. But if you look on MLB.com (http://m.mlb.com/player/571970/max-munc ... itting-mlb), he's actually batting .282 against LH pitching and .251 against RH pitching. In 85 AB against LH pitching he has 8 HR and OPS = .996. In 235 AB against RH pitching he has 22 HR and OPS = .969. So it looks to me that he should be rated something such as 1L or 2L (not 3R), so how do you figure these stats? Has he recently been much better against RH pitching? That would explain it.

As an aside, the Dodgers agree with Stratomatic, i.e., they generally don't start Muncy against LH pitching. But I would. According to his stats, I'd start him against LH or RH. He hammers both of them.

Al

ggyuppie

Re: Hitters vs LH and RH Pitching

PostThu Aug 30, 2018 3:47 pm

I have seen those discrepancies in the daily game cards. I'm thinking, although I really haven't audited it, that the static full season cards reflect the real life splits. Assuming that's right, perhaps there's a heavy influence on the split from past full seasons.

Sandycofax1

Re: Hitters vs LH and RH Pitching

PostMon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 pm

ggyuppie wrote:I have seen those discrepancies in the daily game cards. I'm thinking, although I really haven't audited it, that the static full season cards reflect the real life splits. Assuming that's right, perhaps there's a heavy influence on the split from past full seasons.

Thanks for the response. I suppose that's a possibility. I'm new to the daily game.

Return to General Strategy