70s league ingury lineup screw up

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

rcf23

70s league ingury lineup screw up

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 2:37 am

my best hitter Thurman Munson got hurt for 2 games. Why does my less talented backup catcher Oates get to hit 3rd in my lineup in critical games? I think this cost me 1 game of this series. the computer should put him at the bottom of the lineup. Please fix this. 70s league Auto League 437118. Who wants Johnny Oates hitting third after Mickey Rivers and ahead of Reggie?

kenhutchings

Re: 70s league ingury lineup screw up

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 12:16 pm

I'm not sure if this is the answer, but if Munson is the third batter in your designated lineup and you have Oates checked as his substitute in your lineups, then I believe that HAL maintains the batting order and keeps the catcher in the third slot, regardless of who it is. If Oates is the only backup catcher, you may want to remove him as a backup in the designated lineups, and when Munson is injured, HAL would still select Oates but would hopefully place him in a more appropriate spot in the lineup.

BC15NY

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 3:35 pm

rcf23 wrote:my best hitter Thurman Munson got hurt for 2 games. Why does my less talented backup catcher Oates get to hit 3rd in my lineup in critical games? I think this cost me 1 game of this series. the computer should put him at the bottom of the lineup. Please fix this. 70s league Auto League 437118. Who wants Johnny Oates hitting third after Mickey Rivers and ahead of Reggie?

The mystery game doesn't reset the line-up, in order to help conceal the years of the cards for your players. The other sets do work more like what you are expecting. You'll have to edit the line-up yourself here.

AdamKatz

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Once upon a time, if there was one or more spots open in the lineup, HAL would "optimize" your lineup (based on what HAL thought was optimal, which might not have been the case). This allowed some players to figure out which cards were in good or bad years, which many considered against the spirit of the game.

As a result, start changed the program so that HAL would fill in a lineup based on position and not on the actual stats of the actual card.

It results in situations like yours but many feel it is the lesser of two evils.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s