Ohtani

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

ScumbyJr

Ohtani

PostWed Apr 04, 2018 4:00 pm

His pitcher's card has a hitting rating of #1WL

ggyuppie

Re: Ohtani

PostWed Apr 04, 2018 6:34 pm

That seems inappropriate! Perhaps that will change. Interestingly, if you play in a DH league he won't bat when he pitches anyway. Their two-card "solution" is less than perfect. Perhaps if Ohtani has durable success the effort will be made to create the additional programming required to realistically portray his use.

Radagast Brown

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Indeed!

jabuending

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 1:40 am

I have the Angels franchise and I was only able to draft one card for him.

Seems unfair, whim do I bitch to?????

stratfanatic

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 7:41 am

jabuending wrote:I have the Angels franchise and I was only able to draft one card for him.

Seems unfair, whim do I bitch to?????

from garcia's recent blog post: "Of course, the most curious part of the set is the introduction to Shohei Ohtani, the SP/DH of the Angels. We have been able to create two separate cards for him - one as a pitcher, and one as a hitter. Only one of them may be owned and played at a time. However, if you own one of his cards, you have the exclusive option of dropping it and picking up the other one, though it would count as a regular free agent transaction, including drop penalty. It's the same as how ATG generally works when a player has more than one card in the set."

Verbal Warrior

PostWed May 30, 2018 2:11 pm

I'm not an Ohtani fan and would never draft him but that seems unfair and Zero Fun. Somebody needs to figure out how to have him replicate his real life usage WTF?

Also, when will Strat allow me to start a Reliever for an Inning or 2 at the beginning of a game like the Rays are doing? My guess? Neverrrrrr

ggyuppie

PostWed May 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Verbal Warrior wrote:I'm not an Ohtani fan and would never draft him but that seems unfair and Zero Fun. Somebody needs to figure out how to have him replicate his real life usage WTF?

Also, when will Strat allow me to start a Reliever for an Inning or 2 at the beginning of a game like the Rays are doing? My guess? Neverrrrrr

In our two Daily game franchise themed leagues, we set the salary cap high enough to allow the Angels manager to swap out Ohtani's cards pretty much as much as he wants. Allows him to use him in fashion similar to what has been his real life use so far.

Nathan's Famous

PostTue Jul 24, 2018 1:26 am

Speaking of Ohtani, and speaking of glitches... what can be done to fix the Stats Leaders board? In my league, Ohtani leads the league in at bats with 5,890... just 5,362 ahead of second place Austin Meadows with 528. His 769 hits edge out the batting leader Jose Altuve by 597. He also has 820 total bases, besting Nolan Arenado by 519. Yet, he is nowhere near the league leaders in doubles, triples or homers (it does say he has 14 against left handed pitching.) He is on the awards page, running away with the MVP vote over Jose Ramirez. Same in your daily leagues?

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily