Rules Change Option

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Jennifer1

Rules Change Option

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 12:21 am

I would like to propose an option for 12 team leagues with 2 divisions only. Winner of NL pennant plays winner of AL pennant. Simple playoff is just a 7 game "World Series"

STEVE F

Re: Rules Change Option

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 12:41 am

I actually like this

deliveryboy

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 4:16 pm

I'm a relative online newcomer. My most positive experiences have been 2 superior teams who won their divisions and fell off rather quickly against second place teams in the playoffs. One of my teams dominated the league with 102 wins and lost rather abruptly in the first round of the playoffs. Very frustrating to say the least but still a lot of fun for the lesser powers.

Jennifer1

PostFri Sep 16, 2016 2:26 am

Looks like not much interest but thank you

george barnard

PostFri Sep 16, 2016 7:03 am

The wish list forum isn't necessarily abuzz with responses, so that doesn't mean that your suggestion is a bad one. It actually looks as if you could create something like that if you go through the SOM contact page (at least if I read John's blog correctly -- then again I am on morphine this week so I may be reading it completely wrong).

Bill

Jennifer1

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 2:42 am

Thank you so much Bill George. I also am including a link about quality of life. I hope it helps in some way.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2007/12/10/33381.aspx

george barnard

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 5:18 am

Thank you for the link. My doctor prescribed very small doses of morphine after a minor operation, but I will be sure to pass along the article to friends who are in the situation discussed.

I notice that from your number of posts on the forum that you may be new here. If that's the case, first of all, welcome. You will find the community to be passionate about SOM, compassionate about their competitors, and very willing to help out. Read through all the forums (the General Strategy post for Newbies is a great place to begin), post your teams so as to get advice (we love to give advice), and follow (not necessarily blindly) what the formidable managers are doing -- how and why they are winning. Go over to [url]diamonddope.com[/url] to use that resource to its full extent. If you are coming from the world of cards and dice, you may see some differences here that might frustrate you. Don't worry, frustration is the name of the game. See if franchise leagues are looking for fillers -- it's a great way to learn the cards and the ropes.

If you're not new here, my apologies for the post, but it can also serve as a welcome to those who are new here. Thanks for the suggestion, in any event. We are all looking to make the game as good as can be.

Bill

Jennifer1

PostSun Sep 18, 2016 12:36 am

I'm so so so glad you are in good health!!!!!!!! Yet the next day is not promised to any of us. I've learned that a lot lately.

andycummings65

PostSun Sep 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Don't be confused, a lot of Bill's posts sound like he's on morphine. ;)

george barnard

PostSun Sep 18, 2016 3:47 pm

andycummings65 wrote:Don't be confused, a lot of Bill's posts sound like he's on morphine. ;)

Given the reaction of my students, I must be teaching under the influence of morphine, too. :lol: :o

Bill
Next

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM