Strategy Forum/Newbie Advice Thread

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

poolman

Re: Strategy Forum/Newbie Advice Thread

PostWed Jun 17, 2015 5:31 pm

with 91 wins and 9 games to go I'm going to make the playoffs for the 1st time. am I going to be able to shuffle my rotation prior to game 1? do I still need to set a 5 man if I am during the regular season? do they account for days off in between regular season and playoffs, or is my game 162 starter not eligible until game 5 of the playoffs? I can use my lone asterick pitcher and my spot starter to set it up right if need be.

jimmerw55

PostWed Jun 17, 2015 8:59 pm

poolman wrote:with 91 wins and 9 games to go I'm going to make the playoffs for the 1st time. am I going to be able to shuffle my rotation prior to game 1? do I still need to set a 5 man if I am during the regular season? do they account for days off in between regular season and playoffs, or is my game 162 starter not eligible until game 5 of the playoffs? I can use my lone asterick pitcher and my spot starter to set it up right if need be.

You get 2 rest days between season end and playoffs. A non-asterick starter in game 162 could start game 3, an asterick starter could start game 2. Congrats on your 1st playoff appearance.

poolman

PostTue Jul 21, 2015 6:56 pm

fyi those rest days count for injuries as well, yan gomes came back after 3 games and spurred me to a comeback after being down 3-2 in games. then I won the title in 7 as well.

jimmerw55

PostWed Jul 22, 2015 12:32 pm

poolman wrote:fyi those rest days count for injuries as well, yan gomes came back after 3 games and spurred me to a comeback after being down 3-2 in games. then I won the title in 7 as well.

Congrats!

snuggles

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 7:51 am

Hi All - Newbie player and can't seem to locate this for the online game .... on the play by play results, what is the number in between the player name and play result.... ie, I see Boone 5 Ground Out.... is the 5 a die roll or a ground out to 3rd base? I get the rest of the play by play and the help I find must be for the CD version as it says that is the dice roll but that doesn't seem to be the case online? Thanks for the help!

FALCON29

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 9:34 am

snuggles wrote:Hi All - Newbie player and can't seem to locate this for the online game .... on the play by play results, what is the number in between the player name and play result.... ie, I see Boone 5 Ground Out.... is the 5 a die roll or a ground out to 3rd base? I get the rest of the play by play and the help I find must be for the CD version as it says that is the dice roll but that doesn't seem to be the case online? Thanks for the help!

Snuggles, you must be playing a Mystery Card set or it would indeed show the dice roll. If it did that with the Mystery sets you'd know which player card you had quite easily. Instead it's the pitch count for the at-bat.

snuggles

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 11:20 pm

FALCON29 wrote:Snuggles, you must be playing a Mystery Card set or it would indeed show the dice roll. If it did that with the Mystery sets you'd know which player card you had quite easily. Instead it's the pitch count for the at-bat.

yes, thanks for the help!

snuggles

PostTue Sep 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Question on the Misc Sim stats.... on one of my teams it shows columns for Clutch Hits vs Outs but on another team those columns are not there. Can anyone clue me into why?

ScumbyJr

PostWed Sep 16, 2015 5:18 pm

snuggles wrote:Question on the Misc Sim stats.... on one of my teams it shows columns for Clutch Hits vs Outs but on another team those columns are not there. Can anyone clue me into why?

Are these both mystery sets?

stratorat

PostThu Sep 17, 2015 4:46 pm

am i to assume the Cluth Hits/Outs do not show in Myst Sets?
PreviousNext

Return to General Strategy