Pesos league chat/trade discussion

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Pesos de beisbol league

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 2:03 am

I'll stick around. Does anyone want to be the Commissioner? Like Mr. Baseballworld was saying, we really need enforceable time limits set so we get started and keep everyone awake. Dang.

I'm tempted to volunteer for Commissioner as I certainly have the time for it. My issue would be the things like the roster sheet (have no idea how to make it or keep it up to date) and the fact I've never done it before. I don't know if y'all would want to deal with a newbie as your Commish. I'm hoping someone else grabs it. And soon. Sknsfan? :D

STEVEKORTE

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 pm

My drops are: Luke Hochevar and Mike Aviles.

Sknsfan

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 1:06 pm

I'd be willing to help Fred get up and running as commissioner and do my best to help out (maybe as Lt. commissioner) but I've recently started a new job that is sucking a lot of my time. And it looks to be a fairly heavy time sink for at least a couple of months.

By the way - for those of you who don't know - my computer took a major dump and I lost about 70% of my data. And unfortunately it included all of my Strat works. If anyone has a copy of the excel file I sent out it would be great to get back.

It's effectively the same one that Dan converted into the Google doc, but when I export it back to excel it doesn't come out as cleanly as it went in.

That being said... I'm feeling the same frustrations as everyone else about the slowness of leagues getting back into the flow after the shift, but I really believe that the new system is better, and that Strat-O is doing their best to get folks back and bring in new folks. I think if we can all just fight through these growing pains, we'll see a real resurgence as we move forward into the 2012 card set next year.

And just to re-iterate my drop for the mid season is Dillon Gee.

Stay strong my Strat brothers!!

fredpaii

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Mr Baseball World wrote:My suggestion is that we set a timetable.

For example:

By 5 PM Friday October 26 the everyone needs to re-check in, have drops in (or we will assume there are no drops) and provide an e-mail address(and ideally a cell phone number that could be used to make contact by text or phone call) to be contacted through to make sure we don't have future lulls.

Use the weekend to get any replacements needed and study for draft

Start draft Monday October 29 at 9am with 1 hour time slots.

Load teams starting upon conclusion of draft with November 4th as start date.

Mr. Baseball World, would you like to assume Commissioner duties? I think your above stated plan is brilliant.

If you don't want to then maybe Kevin Ehle? Either of you would be great I'm sure. Both of you seem like long time Strat vets and good people.

And thanks to thisisdan by the way. I appreciate him coming forward and saying what he needed to say.

fredpaii

I'll be your Interim Commissioner

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Things I need...

1. This is a big one...Where is the League Constitution? Does anyone have the League rules? If these can't be found I'll just have to do the best I can with what I remember with help from all of you. In the interest of getting things moving I will go ahead and ask for you to sign in once again WITH your Supp cuts. No listed Supp cuts means you won't be drafting (unless you are already under 40- in which case I ask you to please specify the amount of picks (up to three) you'll be making along with your name). Thank you. And the deadline to sign in (with or without Supp cuts) is October 31st, midnight, EST.

2. I still don't know how to access the editing feature of the roster sheet. I need your help there. Or someonme else here can be in charge of updating the roster sheets transactions. I am willing to give it a go (just need the know-how). If thisisdan can detail this in simple step by step fashion I'd much appreciate it. Or anyone else for that matter.

3. Your input and daily attendance here is crucial. Like I mentioned before, I am a newbie Commissh now. And we don't currently have the League Rules AND we're obviously late in getting this Supp draft under way. Attendance is a BIG ONE! Please be here in these days leading up to the Supp draft and then the 2nd season of the 2011 cards. All of this will be a learning process for the league and we'll need your input. Think of me as Cristopher Columbus but not nearly as brutal (none of you are my slaves!). :D

4. As Interim Commissioner I am ready to be your Commissioner for the duration. I am open to anyone wishing to help and/or replace me however. Simply due to my experience level.

5. The current roster link...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... lF0ZzZWREE

Here is the sign in list and my Supp draft cuts (please use the same format as listed)...

1. fredpaii- Alexi Casilla, Ubaldo Jiminez -Three picks (I'm currently at 39 with my two offseason trades)

fredpaii

One other thing...

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm

About the Supp draft...

1. Any current or previously carded player (any SOM season) is eligible for the Supp draft. SEE EDIT BELOW

2. I want to conduct the Supp draft immediately upon completion of the sign in process. We'll officially be on the clock (One hour picking window) the day after all 12 of us are signed in but just know that picking will be allowed as soon as everyone is signed up.

3. If you can't write your pick in here within your one hour window then I suggest you leave your picks to either me or someone else you feel confident in being around during your time. This is in the interest of getting the ball rolling. I know it's not perfect but it's needed.

EDIT: From the League rules...Only players with MLB esperience prior to the 2012 season are eligible to be picked.
Last edited by fredpaii on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fredpaii

Sign in page

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Here is the sign in list and my Supp draft cuts (please use the same format as listed)...

1. fredpaii- Alexi Casilla, Ubaldo Jiminez -Three picks (I'm currently at 39 with my two offseason trades)

edub1969

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 pm

2. edub1969 - Brent Morel, Danny Valencia - Three picks (Currently at 39 also)

Also Fred...I have the rules. Scanned them so if you shoot me your email, I'll send them to you.

fredpaii

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 9:35 pm

fredpaii

Folks, please furnish your email address as well

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 pm

I've got the League Rules as furnished by edub. They're in pdf format and since I can't copy them I'll just have to send it individually to eveeryone.

So if you would, please include your email info with your sign in/Supp data.

Thank you
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat