The "Original" 24 TKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Page2

Re: The "Original" 24 TKL

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 12:09 am

Hi,

I found the 2 replacements, but cannot get jodynadu or thisisray to respond and enter the league. I sent both PMs on Sunday.

I was meaning at looking for replacements for these two.

Page2

thisisray

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Page2 wrote:Hi,

I found the 2 replacements, but cannot get jodynadu or thisisray to respond and enter the league. I sent both PMs on Sunday.

I was meaning at looking for replacements for these two.

Page2

I entered last night. I wasn't aware the league was up and running and just saw the PM. Sorry

The Turtle

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Just need Jodynadu, has anyone seen this guy or have a contact for him?

The Turtle

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 pm

better yet, anyone know a replacement? I will give him until Sunday night and then I will post for a new owner.

jodynadu

PostSat Oct 20, 2012 5:52 pm

i have not been on these boards in a month.
isn't a supplemental draft required by the league rules? i lost 100 games in the first go around and don't see the point in repeating the season without being able to make adjustments to the roster.

if we're going to change the rules then I have a proposal. have you considered running the second season as 2 12 team leagues? it would give us big losers a shot.

from the final standings of the first season, number each team in a division 1 to 6. for the second season all teams on the first line (which made playoffs) would play in the same division. teams on lines 2 and 3 would play in there own division.
lines 4 to 6 would play the 2nd season in the East, Central, West in a separate league with a shot at the playoffs.

The Turtle

PostSat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

jodynadu wrote:i have not been on these boards in a month.
isn't a supplemental draft required by the league rules? i lost 100 games in the first go around and don't see the point in repeating the season without being able to make adjustments to the roster.

if we're going to change the rules then I have a proposal. have you considered running the second season as 2 12 team leagues? it would give us big losers a shot.

from the final standings of the first season, number each team in a division 1 to 6. for the second season all teams on the first line (which made playoffs) would play in the same division. teams on lines 2 and 3 would play in there own division.
lines 4 to 6 would play the 2nd season in the East, Central, West in a separate league with a shot at the playoffs.

The decision was made to go ahead and play the second season because of the delay and a lot of owners stepped up and OKed the proposal without anyone opposing, so we moved on without it. As it is the divisions give the losers a lot better shot. Maybe not at a title, but certainly the playoffs, since you will be matched with the others that lost 100 games or so.

jodynadu

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 1:59 pm

i think it's clear in the rules that owners can opt out of the Supplemental draft, but it still needs to be performed before the 2nd season is played.

The Turtle

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Jody,

This could have been a debate a month ago when we were debating it, but we moved on. We need to start season 2 fairly soon if we want to get it done at all.

Regardless, are there any other owners that want to have the supplemental draft at all? There is hardly anything left that can help anyone available

jodynadu

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 pm

I understand, but the rules state there will be a supplemental draft and that owners are not required to draft. the draft would be finished in less than 2 days. let's draft so we can proceed with the next season.

Supplemental Free Agent drafts:
1) A Supplemental Free Agent draft of up to 2 rounds will be held between seasons 1 and 2 of each calender year.
2) All owners must announce their roster drops (up to 2) prior to the Supplemental draft.
3) Owners may draft no more than 2 players; Owners are not required to draft any players during the Supplemental draft
4) Supplemental Free Agent drafts are non-sepentine; Supplemental Free Agent draft order is determined by the previous season's regular season through a lottery (see annual springfree agent draft below for details).
5) There is a 1 hour clock for both rounds of the Supplemental Free Agent draft.
6) The Supplemental Free Agent draft is only 2 rounds. Owners with less than a full roster may use the Supplemental Free Agent Draft to get back to a 30 man roster provided they can do it within 2 rounds. There will
never be more than 48 picks made in the Supplemental draft.
7) Supplemental picks may NOT be traded.
8) Only players that were issued cards for that year are available for the 2 round supplemental draft.

fredpaii

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes, I stated my preference for it before and want it.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat