Event 1 League 7 chat

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

tony best

Re: Event 1 League 7 chat

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 6:05 pm

The Brooklyn and Harrisville nines maintain the very early pace at 8-4 but eight teams are within 2 of the leaders. The Bums now lead in runs scored while the Louisville Reds team is low in pitching. Im thinking a season long dogfight.

tony best

PostSun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 am

Things open up a bit. Top four teams at this point are
Brooklyn Bums
Harrisville Hawks
Scripps Ranch Wild Hawgs
Oakland A~s

tony best

PostTue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 am

Team anaysis
Oakland A`s

This team is tied for their division lead at 13-11. This is a surprise to me because their philosophy is different from what i am doing with my team.

The A`s went with 45% on their pitching. for this they got two top notch pitchers in Kersaw and Cain, a solid #3 in Gallardo and a good #4 in F. hernandez. They went with good value at closer in Axford They then have a $5 million bullman which is a lot. They incased the staff in a pitchers park(turners field) and so far are at 3.29 and a fine second in the league.

Of course, they had to give some with the hitters. The stars are Pujols and Holliday. I like his 2b Kendrick and LF/DH in Duda. I draft ss Hardy a lot but I`m not convinced that his low OB% doesnt overrule his good HR and defense numbers.especially in Turner. The big holes in his line up are the very weak Chavez/Pagan in CF and Quinten in RF( I assume he is using Quinten to DH but that puts another weak fielder there.) Hernandez has some value at catcher but I would only like to see him as a suppliment to a more powerful line up. His team in 11th in hitting.

So far its working and I wouldnt mind seeing it continue as good pitching teams are difficult to bring home as winners.Good luck Oakland A`s!!

tony best

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 pm

As happens in the early season events change rapidly as the Lousiville Reds take the lead in the West as the Hawks lose 8 out of 10. The A`s lead the east and the overall number one team the Bums lead the Central.

The Scripps Ranch Wild Hawgs and Bari Azzuri are tied for the Wild card spot.

tony best

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 3:48 am

Our league has its own early triple crown contender in Brooklyn Bums Mike Napoli. He is second to Glendale Lumber Co`s Mike Young in Ave, Second to Matt Kemp of Joshua Tree in RBI`s and tied for the lead in Homes with Curtis Granderson of the DogTown Dogs. Go Mike!

tony best

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 am

The races starting to sort themselves out with each division leader at least 2 games in front. Over all leader is now the Oakland A`s of the East. The Brooklyn Bums continue to lead the Central while the Louisville Reds are first in the West, The Scrips Ranch Wild Hogs have the wild card spot.

The top two hitting teams are Nari Azzuri and the Dog Town Dogs. Pitching accolades go to the Oakland A`s and Average Joes.
Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship