Help "reading" the cards for new mystery game managers

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ScumbyJr

Re: Help "reading" the cards for new mystery game managers

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 4:45 pm

olliescribner wrote:
olliescribner wrote:Vic Wertz homered vs "my" Tom Seaver hitting the 5 column. Nowhere in Seavers 5 cards does he allow a dinger against a lefty in the five column. Any help would be appreciated....This is my first foray into 60's and would like to be able to count on this method of finding out which card we are using. Unless this can be explained however, I won't be able to! :?

onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/348423/30 Look here please....

The 5 represents pitch count I believe. It does not represent dice roll column.

coyote303

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Scumby is correct. "5" is pitch count. The mystery card game does not give you the dice roll nor the column. That would make it far too easy to determine which season you have.

olliescribner

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 10:10 pm

coyote303 wrote:Scumby is correct. "5" is pitch count. The mystery card game does not give you the dice roll nor the column. That would make it far too easy to determine which season you have.

Thanks, I will keep an eye on it. Still not sure though..

olliescribner

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 10:14 pm

olliescribner wrote:
coyote303 wrote:Scumby is correct. "5" is pitch count. The mystery card game does not give you the dice roll nor the column. That would make it far too easy to determine which season you have.

Thats funny! I showed you guys something. Go to "watch this game" then hit "play by play" you will see a roll of 1,2,3,4,5,or 6. Thats how you can tell. :lol:

olliescribner

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 10:15 pm

ScumbyJr wrote:
olliescribner wrote:
olliescribner wrote:Vic Wertz homered vs "my" Tom Seaver hitting the 5 column. Nowhere in Seavers 5 cards does he allow a dinger against a lefty in the five column. Any help would be appreciated....This is my first foray into 60's and would like to be able to count on this method of finding out which card we are using. Unless this can be explained however, I won't be able to! :?

onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/348423/30 Look here please....

The 5 represents pitch count I believe. It does not represent dice roll column.

Wrong! See below! :lol:

ths92110

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 10:57 pm

Look closely. The column in the "play-by-play" tab you are referring to frequently has the number "7" in it. Look at some other games. It's the pitch count. (Though it does appear that no one in HAL's world can take the count past 7.)

olliescribner

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 8:44 pm

ths92110 wrote:Look closely. The column in the "play-by-play" tab you are referring to frequently has the number "7" in it. Look at some other games. It's the pitch count. (Though it does appear that no one in HAL's world can take the count past 7.)

After all the looking I thionk that is the column number. Any way we can be sure? :?:

ScumbyJr

PostThu Feb 06, 2014 9:39 pm

olliescribner wrote:
ths92110 wrote:Look closely. The column in the "play-by-play" tab you are referring to frequently has the number "7" in it. Look at some other games. It's the pitch count. (Though it does appear that no one in HAL's world can take the count past 7.)

After all the looking I thionk that is the column number. Any way we can be sure? :?:

Yes. You are correct. that has to be the column number. The answer to the original question remains a mystery.

Davesodu

PostFri Feb 07, 2014 2:13 pm

olliescribner wrote:After all the looking I thionk that is the column number. Any way we can be sure? :?:

If it is the column number then what does the 7 mean? I am currently doing my first mystery league and I thought it was the column number at first but couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation for seeing a 7 there.

Icterus Galbuli

PostSun Feb 09, 2014 2:10 pm

olliescribner wrote:
olliescribner wrote:

Thats funny! I showed you guys something. Go to "watch this game" then hit "play by play" you will see a roll of 1,2,3,4,5,or 6. Thats how you can tell. :lol:

The number you are referring to as the "column number" is the pitch count for that at bat. If you add all those numbers up for each pitcher it will equal that pitcher's PC number for the game. IF it was the column number it would take a lot of the "mystery" out of the Mystery game! :D
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s