Help "reading" the cards for new mystery game managers

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

NYY82602

Re: Help "reading" the cards for new mystery game managers

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 10:46 am

Aren't foulouts and popouts good indicators too? Many players don't have any on some of their cards, and they don't show up on pitchers cards much (if at all).

The Biomechanical Man

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 1:51 pm

NYY82602 wrote:Aren't foulouts and popouts good indicators too? Many players don't have any on some of their cards, and they don't show up on pitchers cards much (if at all).

I don't think so. I believe X-rolls on pitcher cards can result in foulouts and popouts.

coyote303

PostTue Dec 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Forum Moderator: Any chance we can get this topic stickied?

coyote303

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 10:18 pm

The tournament has SIX stickied topics, but we can't get this one stickied? For shame!

gfyock09

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Only problem with sparse popups/ foulouts is the Catchers Card X on hitters card could result in a popout. Earlier this year Rico Carty got injured on HBP by right handed pitcher, I have only 2 of his cards with that injury, but unfortunately, I have not been able to narrow it down from there yet. His only other at bat that game was a groundout. Alfredo Griffin was injured on a K w/injury and he has only one card with that result so I know what card I have for him. Check out this website for more info, you might get some more explanation.
http://somonline.wikia.com

visick

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 10:43 am

The tournament has SIX stickied topics, but we can't get this one stickied? For shame!

I copied Jimmy_C's stuff and added it to the announcement area.

coyote303

PostFri Jan 10, 2014 4:25 am

visick wrote:

I copied Jimmy_C's stuff and added it to the announcement area.

The tournament has been tremendous at stimulating interest in the mystery card sets. And visick deserves a medal for all of the work he has put into it. However, there is a lot of good information in this thread in addition to Jimmy's. Also, there are managers who aren't in the tournament who could use it. So, I still feel this thread should be stickied with the title as is. After all, this is still the Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60, '70s, '80s, '90s forum--not the Mystery Card Tournament forum--and this thread should be at the top of the forum long after the tournament is a memory.

[/steps off soap box]

Rosie2167

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 pm

How about HAL's use of PH's? Feels like there's something to the order in which he uses them. Anyone have an opinion/exp looking at reading/narrowing cards this way?

tks
Bob

olliescribner

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Vic Wertz homered vs "my" Tom Seaver hitting the 5 column. Nowhere in Seavers 5 cards does he allow a dinger against a lefty in the five column. Any help would be appreciated....This is my first foray into 60's and would like to be able to count on this method of finding out which card we are using. Unless this can be explained however, I won't be able to! :?

olliescribner

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 3:44 pm

olliescribner wrote:Vic Wertz homered vs "my" Tom Seaver hitting the 5 column. Nowhere in Seavers 5 cards does he allow a dinger against a lefty in the five column. Any help would be appreciated....This is my first foray into 60's and would like to be able to count on this method of finding out which card we are using. Unless this can be explained however, I won't be able to! :?

onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/348423/30 Look here please....
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s