Multi-Decade League - Rules

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

MGoren5166

Re: Multi-Decade League - Rules posted - 2 to confirm

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 3:01 am

It sure does. Thanks.

The BC Manager

Re: Multi-Decade League - Rules posted - 2 to confirm

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 11:05 am

Edit: we have 12 now, with Jsam joining. Just need samh to confirm.

The BC Manager

Re: Multi-Decade League - Rules posted - 1 to confirm

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 3:11 pm

Shilipp raised two good questions in a message to me, that I'd to bring up with everyone:

In the rules on the forums, the two paragraphs under pre decade draft seem to conflict. The first paragraph says the draft order will be randomized but the second paragraph says the draft order will be based on the previous decade’s record. Am I misunderstanding something?

He's right about the contradiction, the way I wrote the rules. I've now edited them. The FIRST pre-decade draft, for the 60s, will be randomized. Subsequent pre-decade draft will be based on the previous decade's cumulative regular season records.

Also, a suggestion - have the rookie draft order be based solely on the season’s win/loss record not including the playoffs. This way there’s nothing holding up the draft. People might be more attentive if they don’t have to wait several days for the playoffs to progress before making another pick.

I like this idea and I've done it in another theme league where it seems to work. I'll make this change unless there's major objections.

The BC Manager

PostWed Nov 23, 2022 10:56 pm

I was wondering why I wasn't getting much response from folks here and to messages I've sent. It only just dawned on me that tomorrow is Thanksgiving - or as us Canadians call it, American Thanksgiving (ours is in Oct).

With that in mind, would people prefer that we wait until Friday to start? Still waiting on samh, but he could be travelling, busy with family, etc.

In the meantime, I do have a spreadsheet ready to send that outlines availability of players for the 60s. I'm in the process of completing the one for the 70s. If you send me your email in a PM, I can send you the 60s spreadsheet.

Happy Thanksgiving! (Except to fellow Canadians, eh?)

MGoren5166

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 1:31 am

I would like some time to look over the spreadsheet so Saturday might be best for me.

samh0711

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 2:03 am

Read the rules, sound good to me! I am ready!

-Sam

The BC Manager

Re: Multi-Decade League - Rules posted - League full

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 2:17 am

I've sent the 60s spreadsheet to the 3 who sent me their emails. Will send to others when I hear from you.

I will post the available players on the draft thread, prior to every draft. (But that won't show all the seasons each player is available.)

I can try to run a randomizer tonight, if only so we know the initial draft order. Or I can do it tomorrow, since it's getting late.

samh0711

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 3:04 pm

The BC Manager

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 3:05 am

MGoren sent me some good questions I'll share with the group, and answer.

When I am preparing my auto-draft after the 3 round draft is complete, can I include a non-rookie player that was eligible in the prior season but was not on a roster at the end of the prior season or is the auto-draft strictly limited to new rookies?

Yes, you can include eligible players who were not on a roster at the end of the previous season, on your autograft card. You can also include rookies who go undrafted in the rookie draft.

In that same auto-draft, I assume that I am prohibited from including any player, other than .750 guys, that was on another player's roster at the end of the prior season -- is that correct? The result being that the only way to acquire a player that another manager had on his roster, but did not reserve, is through waivers / free agency.

Correct, though you can trade for a player between seasons, too. But if he was on a roster at the end of last season, you can't autodraft him (unless 0.75). You can waiver draft him or pick him up as a free agent if he's not on a roster the next season.

Finally, can I include on that auto-draft a .750 guy on my roster at the end of the prior season? I know he can't be reserved, but is there a reason that I can't try to draft him through the auto-draft?

You can include any 0.75 player on your autodraft card or roster at any time, even if he was on your team last year. Of course any other team can try to claim that player, too.

Hope that all makes sense.

The BC Manager

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 3:10 am

Also, a suggestion - have the rookie draft order be based solely on the season’s win/loss record not including the playoffs. This way there’s nothing holding up the draft. People might be more attentive if they don’t have to wait several days for the playoffs to progress before making another pick.

I've made this change in the rules. Rookie drafts will be based on regular season records - playoff results won't be a factor.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s