R.I.P. Lamarr Hoyt

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

kenhutchings

R.I.P. Lamarr Hoyt

ScumbyJr

Re: R.I.P. Lamarr Hoyt

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 8:36 pm

To be honest he was poster boy of winning the CY Young based on win (OK, I like Steve Stone and Bob Welch)

dustoid

Re: R.I.P. Lamarr Hoyt

PostFri Dec 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Not to be disrespectful Another one bites the dust. We seem to be losing to many idols from our youth. There has been discussion about making he game more appealing to younger players. Graphics are nice, but it is my opinion that making the game more accessible would go further. When I got hooked it was the coolest game I could afford. Just purchasing my first set, opened the doors for me and my friends the opportunity to form our own in house leagues. that league inspired my friends and I to bring it to college and form leagues there. So that original six was now at least 24 new players and so on and so on, I try to strum up the original 6, but life seems to always be in the way. we did have the chance to put a football season together. But baseball full of memories of Bleacher bums Jack Brickhouse. Lloyd Petit, then Harry Carey and Steve Stone still Trumps everything else. So the more we can sprout out from the base the better. Get more leagues going the
Game sells itself.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s