Don't Do What I Did

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

coyote303

Don't Do What I Did

PostTue Aug 24, 2021 1:28 pm

I so carefully plan my player moves. I use a custom spreadsheet to analyze every move before I make them to make sure I have enough cash. I doublecheck and triplecheck my figures. And then I check Transactions to ensure another manager hasn't at the last second picked up one of the players I'm going after. But then, I move quickly. Too quickly last time...

I dropped Bob Allison to pick up Duke Snider and then dropped Billy O'Dell to pick up Mike McMcormick. These changes I didn't make lightly since it involved a 20 percent drop penalty. But why did I still have $1.893 million? I had picked up Russ Snyder instead of Duke Snider. :-(

I hope I don't get too many extra-inning games the rest of the year because I had to drop my 10th pitcher so I could get the right Snider/Snyder.

Moral: Don't just doublecheck your figures, doublecheck your player names in every transaction!

FALCON29

Re: Don't Do What I Did

PostTue Aug 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Also don't make player moves after excessive alcohol consumption. It rarely works out well.

The Senators

Re: Don't Do What I Did

PostSun Aug 29, 2021 12:20 pm

Or if you are an insomniac like I am and wake up in the middle of the night and start making moves. Ambien users especially.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s