2000's Mystery - 2 franchise league now FULL

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

JEFFBEVER

2000's Mystery - 2 franchise league now FULL

PostMon Jan 18, 2021 6:44 pm

New 2000's Mystery set, 2 franchise league, which is a continuation from the 90's is looking for 1 owner to take over existing teams. The franchise pairs available is the Twins/Expos(Nationals). You would keep 1 of these franchises and pick a second in a franchise draft (Twins/Expos pick 11th). Complete rules are below. Great group of guys who have played through the 70's, 80's & 90's

Let me know if you're interested.

2000’s Franchise Mystery Card League Rules

- Player set – Dynamite 2000s mystery card set. This is a continuation of That 70s Franchise League, That 80s Franchise League and That 90’s Franchise League.
- Salary Cap $100M
- DH, Waivers – Yes (Only for players eligible for your team)
- Teams 12
o In That 90’s Franchise League each owner had the rights to 2 franchises from the 90’s card set. Each owner will retain the rights to one of his two franchises and all other franchises will be available via a draft. Each owner will draft their second franchise from those available. The order of the draft will be reverse standings order based on That 90’s league final standings, with Finals runner-up drafting 11th and Finals winner drafting 12th (ie. Worst record gets first pick…best record gets last pick). We will complete this draft via league messages in the new league (or by email or discussion board if needed). All other rules will be the same as That 70’s League and are included below.

- Players – Every player on your roster must have at least 1 year carded out of their 5 mystery cards to one of your two franchises. Players who have all 5 years with one or both of your franchises are exclusive to your team and no other team can draft or pick them up. There will be 6 franchises not picked. Players that are exclusive to those 6 teams will not be available. I will have spreadsheets that lists which team every player is eligible for to avoid confusion.
- Ballparks – please pick one of your 2 ballparks associated with your franchises, your choice.
- Draft – draft order will be random. Please set up your draft with only players that are eligible to play on your team. Since most players are eligible for multiple teams you will not get everyone on your draft list so craft your list strategically. It is recommended to put your exclusive players at the bottom of the priority list but don’t leave them off or the auto-draft could award them to someone else. When the draft is over please release any player that does not have eligibility on your team so the appropriate team can pick them up if desired.
- Trades are allowed but all players involved must be eligible to play for the team they are being traded to.
- There will be a waiver draft after the auto-draft but you may only pick up players eligible for your team. Free agent moves after waivers are allowed throughout the season as long as you only pick up players eligible for your team
Last edited by JEFFBEVER on Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

drabb9529

Re: 2000's Mystery - 2 franchise league needs 2 owners

PostMon Jan 18, 2021 8:03 pm

I would be interested in the Cubs/Rangers. Not sure which one off hand.

JEFFBEVER

PostMon Jan 18, 2021 8:42 pm

drabb9529 wrote:I would be interested in the Cubs/Rangers. Not sure which one off hand.

You got 'em. I'll send you the invite code in beesore's 90's league.

drabb9529

PostMon Jan 18, 2021 8:49 pm

I know its a new set but by any chance do you have a spreadsheet showing which players that are eligible for each franchise?

drabb9529

PostMon Jan 18, 2021 8:50 pm

Jeff, disregard last question. I see you sent it. Thanks

JEFFBEVER

Re: 2000's Mystery - 2 franchise league needs 1 owner

PostThu Jan 21, 2021 2:02 am

Still looking for 1 more owner to take over the Twins/Expos(Nationals) for the 2000's.

1st Command Commando

• Location: DC Metro area when I am not deployed to Afghanistan (no more deployments)

PostSat Jan 23, 2021 6:30 pm

Jeff,

I'd like to give this concept a try if you will have me for the league and the spot is still open. If I understand, this is not a one and done league but a franchise over the 2000 mystery cards for 10 years?

Very respectfully,
Jim

JEFFBEVER

PostSat Jan 23, 2021 6:47 pm

1st Command Commando wrote:Jeff,

I'd like to give this concept a try if you will have me for the league and the spot is still open. If I understand, this is not a one and done league but a franchise over the 2000 mystery cards for 10 years?

Very respectfully,
Jim

Hi Jim,

This would be a one and done league. We have played seasons in the 70's, 80's & 90's and are just extending it into the 2000's since they came out with the new set. You would have rights to either the Twins or Expos(Nationals) and would pick a second franchise in a draft. You can only have players on your roster who have at least 1 of their 5 mystery cards for one of your 2 franchises. I have spreadsheets available to help you with finding your available players. Of course, other teams would also have rights to most of your players so that's where the strategy comes in.

We will play 1 season in the 2000's set and we may start over if everyone is interested. The team is still available and we are just waiting for an owner to get the league started. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the invite code.

Thanks for your interest,

Jeff

1st Command Commando

• Location: DC Metro area when I am not deployed to Afghanistan (no more deployments)

PostSat Jan 23, 2021 9:03 pm

I'll go for it! I will try the Expos/Nationals.

Thank you!

Jim

JEFFBEVER

PostSun Jan 24, 2021 12:12 am

1st Command Commando wrote:I'll go for it! I will try the Expos/Nationals.

Thank you!

Jim

Welcome to the league! I sent you a PM and an invite to the league.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s