Do the cards stay the same in subsequent leagues?

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

shif6

Do the cards stay the same in subsequent leagues?

PostSun May 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Suppose I figure out that the mystery year for a player is 1971. If I join a subsequent 70's league and acquire that player, can I be assured that I have the 1971 card for that player? Or do the years for the cards change?

jjii66

Re: Do the cards stay the same in subsequent leagues?

PostSun May 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Every time you play, it's a clean slate. One of the five cards will be picked, and you have to start the guessing process all over again.

GareyH

PostMon Jun 08, 2020 6:40 pm

I was not aware that a player's performance for one of my seasons is based on only one season of the five shown to me. I have played 10 teams, so I am a newby. I thought the player plays to the summary at bottom of card, not only one season of the five.

coyote303

PostMon Jun 08, 2020 8:18 pm

GareyH wrote:I was not aware that a player's performance for one of my seasons is based on only one season of the five shown to me. I have played 10 teams, so I am a newby. I thought the player plays to the summary at bottom of card, not only one season of the five.

No! Each Season, one card is picked and doesn't change for the entire league. Trying to figure out which year you have is the very heart of mystery leagues. Be sure to read the first post in this subforum, Help w/ reading the cards for Mystery Tournament Managers. And then read it again!

drabb9529

PostMon Jun 15, 2020 7:38 pm

coyote303 wrote:
GareyH wrote:I was not aware that a player's performance for one of my seasons is based on only one season of the five shown to me. I have played 10 teams, so I am a newby. I thought the player plays to the summary at bottom of card, not only one season of the five.

No! Each Season, one card is picked and doesn't change for the entire league. Trying to figure out which year you have is the very heart of mystery leagues. Be sure to read the first post in this subforum, Help w/ reading the cards for Mystery Tournament Managers. And then read it again!

I understand that the players performance is based of one of the five seasons. I'm in a couple leagues right now and I see some really good players being dropped. Don't know why. Is it their bad season or just getting off to a bad start or a cold streak? One or two I've been tempted to pick up. I understand if I were to pick one of them up they would continue on playing on the same season when they were dropped. Just wondering if I got a good read on a player on my team that they are on a bad season do you dare pick up a player that was dropped by someone else or are you better off picking up someone else that wasn't drafted by anyone? Any thoughts?

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s