Back to the 80's help needed

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Palmtana

Back to the 80's help needed

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 12:55 pm

(These posts were moved from the "Strategy Forum/Newbie Advice Thread" thread in the "General Strategy" forum.)

venicedon wrote:I am competing in the ATG league and each player has a separate year. In the Back to the 80's league, the players I drafted don't have an individual year. I am a little confused on how to look at the players and the cards. Do I choose a year or does the simulation game play randomly choose one of the cards. I don't know if this is the correct discussion area for this question, any help is welcomed. Thanks.

jjii66 wrote:It's a mystery card... The computer picks one of those years randomly, and you don't know which one until the season is over. (There are a few ways to narrow it down, which are discussed here:)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=634688

tdkearns wrote:
venicedon wrote:I am competing in the ATG league and each player has a separate year. In the Back to the 80's league, the players I drafted don't have an individual year. I am a little confused on how to look at the players and the cards. Do I choose a year or does the simulation game play randomly choose one of the cards. I don't know if this is the correct discussion area for this question, any help is welcomed. Thanks.

In atg you pick the card you want. The 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s mystery leagues are assigned one out of 5 cards and you don’t know which one until the end.

venicedon wrote:Thank you for the response. So it is one card of that player that will be used for the entire season, but it is a "mystery" to which one is used. Not a different card for each game.... Appreciate the link and advice, should be a fun league and learning experience. Played stratomatic 30 years ago as a kid and loved it, wish I knew of this site 5 years ago!!

tdkearns wrote:
venicedon wrote:Thank you for the response. So it is one card of that player that will be used for the entire season, but it is a "mystery" to which one is used. Not a different card for each game.... Appreciate the link and advice, should be a fun league and learning experience. Played stratomatic 30 years ago as a kid and loved it, wish I knew of this site 5 years ago!!

Correct. Mystery leagues are One card through the entire season and playoffs.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s