Long running 60's keeper league has rare opening

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Jimmy_C

Long running 60's keeper league has rare opening

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 4:40 am

Actually 2 openings...

The following 2 teams need new managers. The season is still finishing, but you would be able to keep 3 players from the team you select (first come first served). A 4th player will be selected in a supplemental draft. See league rules.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1521528

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1522281

You can pick a new stadium for your team as long as one of the other managers in the league is not occupying it.
Last edited by Jimmy_C on Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy_C

Re: Long running 60's keeper league has rare opening

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 4:40 am

60’s Keeper Rules:
Each manager will protect three players to carry over for next season. The manager selects any three players from his final roster. As soon as each manager announces his protected players, a 1-round supplemental draft is conducted. Any non-protected player is eligible to be selected in the supplemental draft. (Rules for determining the order will be posted separately.) The draft is started during the playoffs; however, it won’t be completed until the season is over since the draft order is affected by playoff results. (Playoff teams have picks 9-12.)

I am asking for a 4-season commitment. I won’t hold anyone to that. If you need to drop for personal reasons or for any reason, you are free to leave. However, I want each manager to plan for playing for four seasons.

Note: Your four drafted players should be placed last on your auto-draft card.

$80 million
DH = no
5/10/20
waivers = yes
advanced
These rules covers what happens at the end of each season.

Eastern Division will be made up of the four playoff teams.
Central Division gets the teams with the next four best records.

The supplemental draft is ranked differently-- Reverse order of win-loss records for the first eight places. Playoff teams automatically draft 9-12 as follows:
9. first-round loser with worst regular season record
10. first-round loser with best regular season record
11. finals loser
12. league champions

All ties resolved based on regular season (tie break "winner" picks last):
1. head-to-head
2. run differential
3. coin flip

Just to clarify: In the supplemental draft, the first eight picks are made by non-playoff teams.

STADIUMS: Non-playoff teams may pick a new, unique stadium with their pick. If they do, can still pick a player, but their player gets picked after all other teams pick theirs.

Playoff teams may not change stadiums... UNLESS… they forfeit their supplemental draft pick. In other words, a playoff team may elect to change stadiums or pick a player with their pick. A new stadium must still be unique.
Managers may trade stadiums between seasons.
Clarification: A manager must use his own supplemental pick to select a stadium.

You can trade your supplemental draft pick for a keeper. However, trades involving supplemental draft pick(s) have to be even so when all is said and done, both managers have four protected players for the autodraft.
Examples:
my supplemental draft pick for Keeper Z (one of your keepers)
my supplemental draft pick and Keeper A for your supplemental draft pick and Keeper Z
my supplemental draft pick and Keeper A for Keepers Y and Z

A trade involving a supplemental draft pick cannot involve an unprotected player. (A protected player is a keeper or a player already selected in the supplemental draft.)
There are no restrictions trading keepers after the autodraft has been held and the league formed. For the integrity of this league's format, every team shall enter the autodraft every season with exactly four protected players.*

*Exception: If a playoff team picks a stadium with their supplemental draft pick, they shall enter the autodraft with only three protected players.

New managers joining the league do not have to keep the stadium of the team they are taking over. They can pick a new UNIQUE stadium right from the get-go

stratorat

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 10:27 am

Jimmy_C wrote:Actually 2 openings...

The following 2 teams need new managers. The season is still finishing, but you would be able to keep 3 players from the team you select (first come first served). A 4th player will be selected in a supplemental draft. See league rules.

You can pick a new stadium for your team as long as one of the other managers in the league is not occupying it.

I'd take https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1521528
What's next?

Ducky

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 10:43 am

Welcome stratorat. Once we get another manager to fill the second opening, I will post for the managers to name their keepers for the next season. The next season will be the third in the cycle. We re-draft every five seasons. I will be the new commissioner stepping into Jimmy's shoes.

Mike

stratorat

PostTue Oct 01, 2019 11:09 am

Ducky wrote:Welcome stratorat. Once we get another manager to fill the second opening, I will post for the managers to name their keepers for the next season. The next season will be the third in the cycle. We re-draft every five seasons. I will be the new commissioner stepping into Jimmy's shoes.

Mike

Thanks Ducky!

MFL536

PostWed Oct 02, 2019 1:37 pm

Jimmy_C wrote:
Actually 2 openings...

I'll take 1522281 if still open

Ducky

PostWed Oct 02, 2019 2:14 pm

MFL536. The team is yours. I will open a thread today for the returning 10 managesr and for you and Stratorat to post your three keepers. The current season draws to a close next Friday 10/11. Prior to 10/11 all managers will have posted their three keepers. On 10/12 we will start the supplemental draft which I will post on the message board.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s