How are player cards selected for the decade sets??

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

SteadyEddie33

How are player cards selected for the decade sets??

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 9:43 am

It's irked me literally for years the way some players are slotted and priced in these games. Generally, the high-priced cards are for those who clearly dominated their particular era. Some decisions, though, as far as which seasons to include or omit- and thus where the player falls in relation to others- I just don't get. Has there ever been an 'insider' take shared on the boards about this process??

PowellCrosleyJr

Re: How are player cards selected for the decade sets??

PostWed May 08, 2019 2:54 pm

I am not an "insider" by any means.

I imagine the need for a mix of players at various values and positions in order to be able to field decent $80M teams means compromise or restrictions on cards combinations. If you would swap out the 1970 Willie Stargell card for his 71 season (my favorite card of all time) he would go from a $7.93 outfielder to something around $10M? More? Trade out Joe Morgan's 78 card for his 74 or 75 card does he become a $13M second baseman?

I don't think it is as easy as it looks to create a set.

Broom Hilda

Re: How are player cards selected for the decade sets??

PostTue May 28, 2019 1:07 pm

SOM could make a new and I believe quite popular game out of a lot of the seasons not included combined with the good years in the current version. And I don't understand why it's so hard to find a Live Draft :roll:

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s