90s Real Franchise League - 2nd League

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

LMBombers

90s Real Franchise League - 2nd League

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 5:11 pm

I went through every carded player in the 90s game on baseball-reference.com and gave him the team he played the most years for between 1990-1999. If there was a tie in the number of years played for a team I used total games played in the decade for those teams as the tie-breaker (with a very few exceptions for fairness). After giving every player a team and then sorting by team I quickly saw that Florida and Colorado had less players than any other franchise and a few franchises were just short of the 90s game minimums of 2 catchers, 5 SP, 4 RP only and minimum of 10 total pitchers. What I did was to distribute the FLA and COL players around to the other teams to take care of minimums and to give the better players to teams that needed it. These FLA and COL players are now full-fledged members of their new teams. That leaves 26 real teams (TB and ARI only started in 1998 so are not considered in this league).

The teams from the first league are NOT elligible to be drafted in this 2nd league. That leaves 14 available franchises. They are listed below. All franchises have between 17-26 hitters and 10-16 pitchers on their roster depending on the franchise. When you sign up I can email you with the full rosters if you either post your email or send it to me via PM. Just keep in mind that these rosters will have star players and low value guys that will have to be used much like real baseball. DON'T EXPECT A TYPICAL ROSTER OF ALL 5M+ PLAYERS for your starting players. Here are the rules:

100M DH frenzy (no waivers as it is not needed) drop penalties 5-10-20%
Divisions will be: First 4 selected teams in the East, next 4 in the Central and last 4 in the West.
In the ATG forum I have requested for someone not in the league to run a randomizer to get our franchise draft order.
You must use the ballpark associated with your franchise. i.e. If you pick the Cubs then you must use Wrigley Field.
The only players allowed in this league are ones assigned to the 12 franchises that are drafted, as listed on the official rosters that I will email to everyone. All other players are ineligible.
Trades are allowed. You can trade any of your controlled players on or off your roster. Be your own GM!
Let me know if I missed anything.

The available franchises for this draft are: CAL, CHC, CIN, DET, KC, MIL, MIN, NYM, PHI, PIT, SD, SF, STL, TEX

Here is the list of owners for the randomizer to run to get a draft order.

1. Dellbird
2. sphillip8
3. JJB92
4. ycbill
5. LMBombers
6. Brent65
7. fench33
8. seanreflex
9. franky35
10. YountFan
11. FALCON29
12. Davesodu

LMBombers

Re: 90s Real Franchise League - 2nd League

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Below is the randomizer that was run in a thread in the ATG forum.

Here is your sequence:

So our draft order is:

5. LMBombers
6. Brent65
12. Davesodu
4. ycbill
2. sphillip8
8. seanreflex
1. Dellbird
3. JJB92
7. fench33
9. franky35
10. YountFan
11. FALCON29

LMBombers

Re: 90s Real Franchise League - 2nd League

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 6:14 pm

I am a little embarrased that I am first to pick since I am the commish but I promise you this draft order is legit and I had nothing to do with the results and the person who ran the randomizer had no idea what I was asking the randomizer results for or who was even on our list of 12 owners.

The draft will be held in the ILC forum. This thread is now closed.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s