Game Recap

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

stratorat

Game Recap

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 3:03 pm

How accurate are the game recaps?
I am trying to read G. Brett's card, and he hit a HR vs. LHP which should eliminate his 74 lousy 74 card unless it was a stretched triple.
The game recap mentions that Brett's HR 'cleared the fences' which would eliminate an inside the park HR, but should I take that to the bank?

coyote303

Re: Game Recap

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 3:48 pm

While I assume the game recap simply takes into an account a homerun was hit (and not how), I would still rule out his 74 card. Yes, it's possible that he either stretched a triple or an outfielder ran into the wall on an X chart and Brett got an inside-the-park homerun. However, odds greatly favor it was a legitimate homerun. So, I always ignore the chance of an inside-the-park homerun in making my card evaluations. Others may disagree, but I haven't been burned yet.

We all make roster moves with far less to go on than a 99.5% chance of being sure!

stratorat

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Thanks Yote!
And appreciate your responsiveness on this blog...
You responses are very helpful!

stratorat

PostSun Aug 12, 2018 6:35 pm

coyote303 wrote:While I assume the game recap simply takes into an account a homerun was hit (and not how), I would still rule out his 74 card. Yes, it's possible that he either stretched a triple or an outfielder ran into the wall on an X chart and Brett got an inside-the-park homerun. However, odds greatly favor it was a legitimate homerun. So, I always ignore the chance of an inside-the-park homerun in making my card evaluations. Others may disagree, but I haven't been burned yet.

We all make roster moves with far less to go on than a 99.5% chance of being sure!

Just checked the defense in that game... RF-Clemente CF Moreno LF Foster- would guess Breet pulled the HR to RF which makes a Clemente X unlikely.....

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s